Land Rovers on BBC News

woa2

Nothing if not enterprising! Guess without him these "still in service" fleets abroad would be pensioned off. Or Landrover might have a more viable spares business :dunno:

He's probably filling a real gap in the market, good luck to him. You could lose a fortune trying to do the same as him with HILUX pickups :-D

Whatever happened to ABRO?

Suppose they couldn't do it at the price, anyway they are too busy totally rebuilding vehicles to fill the disposal sales quotas :whistle: (ref. Bedford rebuilds for sale) Probably best not to go there - at least I managed to get a brand new Bedford TL cab courtessey MOD plan changers (300 new cabs slung out after only a few were fitted to MK/Js).

It's ABRO that are doing the the Project Tithonus rebuilds AFAIK, Hobsons had a more comprehensive rebuild at DVD this year. Wouldn't be suprised if they are supplying ABRO with bits anyway.

Read an article in one of the LR comics about Hobsons when they first set up years ago. Was done with sanction of LR and and at that time as well they were breaking all of LRs pre-production and test vehicles.

Take pride. I trained at agricultural college, the land is on loan to us. Daft thing is we do recycle. I bought and old Range Rover shell on it chassis and axles for £100 when I was rebuilding mine. 3 years later the remains are finally going for scrap. I worked out bits off it are now in eight other vehicles.