Fordson 7V, E88W, Thames 25 cwt chassis, Model 61...

Rustman

In my research into the mobile canteens produced by Ford for The Salvation Army, Red Cross and others I'm finding a variety of references to vehicles and as an American no clear understanding of what was made when?

In 1940 and in 1943 Ford literature references "Thames Chassis" the 1940 references describes them as 25 cwt. The internet at large tells me that a "Thames 25 cwt" was designated by Ford as an E88W or Model 61 and only produced until 1939. The 7V looks visually similar to me, but I assume it is a larger/heavier chassis? The Internet tells me it's capacity is up to 5 tons, which would be a 100 cwt vehicle. So quite a bit larger it would seem. 

Thank you for any clarification you can offer. And because threads with pictures are always more popular here are a few of the canteens in from of Buckingham Palace spring of 1940. 

Matthew

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 6.28.40 AM.png

Thanks everyone for the replies. You've cleared up my questions (for now). I'm a regular poster on that thread on MLU. But now that I have some new research it's time to go through it from the beginning again. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Matthew