Water trailer

Due to my appalling internet speed of about 50kbs or worse I can only see the lead picture. From what I can see it looks a fairly complete item from circa 1955 and would be a nice project as it is quite a rare thing.

Body, Water Tank, 100 Gallon, Mk I (Mounted on Trailer 1/2 Ton, 2 Whld, Mk I

UHB is WO Code No.17833

Phew! It has taken an hour to get the web page to refresh so that I can add Associated Publications.

Parts List WO Code No. 17812

Servicing Schedule WO Code No. 10790

Table of Tools & Equipment WO Code No. 18339

Technical Handbook EMER VEHICLES GENERAL Q 523/3

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fv1609 said:

Phew! It has taken an hour to get the web page to refresh so that I can add Associated Publications.

Parts List WO Code No. 17812

Servicing Schedule WO Code No. 10790

Table of Tools & Equipment WO Code No. 18339

Technical Handbook EMER VEHICLES GENERAL Q 523/3

Can you give me a guide to where these are, an internet idiot 

18 minutes ago, fv1609 said:

Richard,  I doubt that any of those publications would be found on-line Your best bet is to visit the REME Museum, they are most likely to hold any of those.

Tim, that is superb.

Many thanks, at the moment looking I suspect I may try to save it as someone wants to take it apart 

I remember those 100 gallon water trailers, every field troop in the Sappers was issued with one and it used to be towed behind the tp comd's Lightweight FFR.  Not liked as it meant that, as there was no room on the trailer (which was heavy anyway) to stow kit, everything had to be put in the back of the Lightweight - which, with two radios in as well, wasn't exactly spacious.  The Tp SSgt, meanwhile, had a 3/4 ton trailer AND the LWB Land Rover, so he was fine!  (The Recce Sgt had a Ferret, so he was OK, but usually wet through)!

• Like 1