What's in this workshop?

Leon

Question

The father of my Brother in Law is on one of these photo's. A Polish unit in Holland. A workshop in a Retriever.

I would like to build a model of this workshop for my BiL but need help to identify the tools.

Clockwise from the left: generator(?), high toolstand with ?, ?, lathe, workbench with grinder and vice, drill press.

The more you guys can tell me, the better the model will be. (Markings on the vehicle?) Thanks in advance.

2.thumb.jpg.1ced99e43acebba514258dcc5f419c2e.jpg1.thumb.jpg.529bc5869b59a0ddd151b34d8b8765a1.jpg0.thumb.jpg.858aae1333af3336e4d60e03561dd218.jpg

Edited by Leon
  • Like 4

11 answers to this question

The engine has the look of a Lister Junior or one of its larger brothers perhaps, running a lighting/power plant.

The drill press has the look of a Denbigh about it, although many manufacturers produced similar looking tools at the time.

The Lathe i'm unsure but it looks plain bearing and flat belt, either motor driven or possibly flat belt from the alternator pulley. It too could be Denbigh but there were many similar machines at the time.

Hopefully someone will produce a CES for the workshop truck, that will provide good pointers.

Alec.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help!

I'm using a ICM kit as a start but I still have some questions.

239302963_workshopabcd.thumb.jpg.9a5c28a7de34edf29fa588a1b9ec99cd.jpgA. Is this a jack or something else? Pictures above show more of it.

B. I have seen them before but have no idea about this tool.

C. Is this stand connected to B?

D. There seems to be a wooden board in the back, has someone an idea what it's for?

(Did you noticed the fancy scallop shaped light above the generator? Nice touch.)

Thanks in advance. And sorry about my lack of knowledge. I'm new to this world.