Ruddington Catalogues

Phil5828KM

Hi

I am looking for information about my Land Rover.

Truck 1/4 Ton 4x4 GS Rover Mk2 from War Office Contract 6/Veh/7711 dated 13 June 1951:

Chassis: 26104491
Engine: 26107671
War Office Registration: 16 BH 45
Date into Service: 5 March 1952 under Receipt Voucher LHM/R/2605 [22nd B Vehicle Depot Laleham]
Struck Off Charge: WD Storage & Disposal Depot Ruddington on 18 June 1963.
Disposal: Probably 70th Ruddington Auction on 8 October 1963.

Does anyone have a copy of 70th Ruddington Catalogue? The Landy was reregistered on 15th October 1963

Many thanks.

Phil

I may be able to tell you the price as quite a lot of my catalogues are from a dealer who often wrote in the hammer price. I also have some double sized catalogues used by the auctioneers to record the price, but I can't access my archives at the moment.

• 1 month later...

There were two Rover 3.5 Saloons in the 167th sale.  Both Air Ministry / RAF and would have been Grade 1 staff vehicles.

Lot 200/1  Rover 3.5 auto   61AM00

Lot 200/2 Rover 3.5 auto with radio   59AM19

There are no bid amounts or written notes in my catalogue copy.

Here you go. I believe the annotations are the hammer prices rather than the buyer's bids. Note 313 Champ sold for £15 marked "No" so it must have been a bit rough & obviously not on this buyer's shopping list.

A couple of years ago I spoke to Mr Hanson of W,W & H and asked him how did they calculate the reserve price? He said it was based on previous sales of similar vehicles. Dealers obviously knew this and found it helpful to record prices from previous sales to tailor their bids accordingly.

IMG_20221101_091954.thumb.jpg.1d23df809521072be680f96978d800ca.jpg

Thank you for replying, would you have a copy of the details in the catalogue showing 59AM19 please? I am trying to gather up as much historical details as possible about the car, I'm still hopeful for a MOD photo of the car on an official duty back in the 70's, not had much luck yet.

Thank you very much, brilliant!

The picture of it next to the Green Goddess was at Duxford, they were not very keen to let us in to show the car, they didn't believe it was a military car - many times during the day I was told it wasn't a Land Rover! 

The car served at RAF Upavon, used for AVM's visits/outings.