Wheels and Tracks magazines

LeeEnfield

Not strictly a review, I know........ :whistle:

Just started re-reading my collection of these BRILLIANT magazines,...........there is sooooooo much infomation contained within each issue,..........to my mind they still havn't been matched by any publication produced since.

Looking for a couple of (empty) binders, and I do have a few duplicate issues, if anyone is looking to complete their set. :-D

Andy

I looked through my collection and have concluded I m missing about half of them....Are they still in print anywhere ?

My collection of "After the Battle" is probably worse ,having only only a dozen . At the time both were in production, I like others who regret not getting a certain HMV I too lacked enough spare money to keep my collection complete.

Just started re-reading my collection of these BRILLIANT magazines,...........there is sooooooo much infomation contained within each issue,..........to my mind they still havn't been matched by any publication produced since.

Funny that. I quite agree as I got all mine out to look for something and have started re reading them all. Brilliant magazine.

I have got every CMV and MMI, but i wonder whether i will ever sit down and re read all of them like i do with W&T. Probably one day, so i will just keep tucking them away until that day comes.

Tim (Too)

PS. Yes, you can still get all the After the Battles and most of the Wheels and Tracks. However if you are missing a lot of W&T you might be better off buying the whole set as it was available for just £75.

I just did a search through google and found that CMV magazine has picked up the rights and publications although a number of issues are no long available thru them the number of those is still small for the moment ! those out of print are issues 6,11,13,73,74,and75

I keep promising myself I'll get a full set of both W&T and ATB one of these days. Both are superb. Luckily for me my brother in law Roger, who regularly views the forum as a Guest, but doesn't want to clean the clubhouse, has a full set of W&T and acts as my librarian when I need to pretend I know what I am talking about.

ATB is marvellous. I sometimes find it a bit heavy - but the sheer quality of the research and writing is exceptional.

ATB is marvellous. I sometimes find it a bit heavy - but the sheer quality of the research and writing is exceptional.

Agreed there.

I also have a very poor collection of issues, although now get it on a regular basis, :whistle: :sweat:

Certainly pick up the odd issue, not got, as and when.............

Trouble is, what with W&T's, CMV and MMI in binders, these all take up soooo much space. :dunno:

Good points. I don't buy MMI on a regular basis - I check it out in Smiths and stick it back if nothing grabs my attention. I get CMV on the grounds of being a guilty party. I don't have binders. My mags are just stacked in piles - it is hard to believe sometimes that I am a professional librarian. Smiths in Southend used to stock ATB but gave up for some sad reason which made room for more celebrity mags. Jack will have to go in the Big Brother house to make it big, then we can ride on his coat tails to film premieres and opening branches of Aldi in Basildon or Basingstoke to make it easier to get mags without taking subscriptions. Glory - butstrictly :offtopic: ...........sorry.