Revisiting my WD/DC

Ron

Not much happening at the moment on the restoration front. I've just been doing some fettling around.

When I built my replica Royal Enfield experimental WD/DC, I was missing the outer primary case, so I borrowed one and got it copied. Well earlier this year I acquired a matching pair of original inner and outer cases. So over several days, I've prepared them and stripped the whole primary and fitted them. 

Another job ticked off. Ron🙂

DSCF4809.JPG

DSCF4810.JPG

DSCF4811.JPG

DSCF4812.JPG

DSCF4814 (2).JPG

• Like 2

Yes, wasn't I lucky to find them at my favourite scrapyard! (it's actually quite expensive there!) but they still have things that are not easily recognised, I knew about that set of casings for years, but never knew what they were off of, untill I started to get an interest in Enfields. Maybe the sidestand is there as well, will search next time I go there, was it used on other models too??

Cheers,

Lex

PS, I have a bakelite/hard rubber script Enfield pump, but will use it on my Royal Baby.

IMG_3838.jpg

Edited by welbike
additional info
  • Like 2

Yes well done Lex😊 I can't recall seeing that side stand on anything else military. I doubt it was made specially for this job, so probably  something pre war civy? Royal Enfield??  Ron

PS I see part of a Doherty (Norton) twist grip in that pile!

Edited by Ron

• 2 months later...

Nice story, but unfortunately nonsense. It’s already been debunked a long time ago. But people keep on thinking that this is Lilibeth, and very often the bike is called a BSA… Errare human est.

DSCN3379.thumb.JPG.55d8f54f4f9c51f9efcd6f0bd7e9239b.JPG

The picture was first published in April 1942. She would have been only 16 then and not eligible for duty...not even for propaganda.

Princess Elisabeth served with the ATS in 1945 only. Here are some very nice pictures showing her with the ATS. Rest in peace, queen Elisabeth.

31358570_Hrh_Princess_Elizabeth_in_the_Auxiliary_Territorial_Service_April_1945_TR2832.thumb.jpg.dadc98ec64b4b8dcec333f8f1a4ecc5a.jpg603735855_Image1-KBM.jpg.15af31538a3ce177cd500fa3cc563e0e.jpg

Edited by rewdco
  • Like 2