New Member.... G'day

Hello Gentlemen,

New member from Ganmain, New South Wales, Australia.

Have followed this forum for a number of years and am amazed at its membership abilities and commitment to this hobby.

I am genuinely grateful for being allowed to become a member. A couple of pictures of my Cab 12.

Look forward to hours of viewing the amazing projects on here.

Tony Elliott

Cab 12 Showground 2022.jpg

Cab 12 02.jpg

• Like 10

Tony,

Welcome to this forum.

You Aussies have been in lock down for the last couple of years ... so what's delaying the 4x2 completion?!?  (err, that's a joke ...) Looking good, will be nice to see another F15 on the road.

Mike

9 hours ago, Ganmain Tony said:

Thanks very much fella's. Missed you at Corowa this year Richard, hopefully things get back to a situation you're able to travel. Hope you're keeping well.

Below is the "Taking longer than I thought it would project" as well.

Hi Tony,

I was very sorry to have missed this year's Swim-In as I had attended all the previous 10 events, and 4 more back in the late 90's. Circumstances being what they are I thought it wise not to travel as I have escaped the wretched virus up to now.

Nice set of boots on your new project 👍

best regards, Richard

• Like 1

You are absolutely right Mike. My only lame excuse is that I work in the Agricultural sector and work went on as if Covid did not exist. I probably spent too much time looking a Jonathon Moore's Panzer 2 replica project as well.

Thanks Richard, hopefully those shoes will get rolling before much longer. Should be a fun little truck.

Edited by Ganmain Tony

Ah yes, we have all learnt from observing the magnificence of the Panzer 2 project. Just wish I had his talent.

Like Richard says, nice boots on the F15, and these projects take as long as there is time, energy and enjoyment in doing them. It's looking very good, as is the Cab 12.

Mike

Afternoon Tony,

Welcome to the site, I have to say that I am very jealous of your 12 cab. I have hankered after an 11 or 12 cab for some years and have been collecting parts ready for the day when, if, I find one to restore, even if it's only the chassis and axles. One day, hopefully.

I am glad that you are enjoying the Panzer II build and it's a real boost to my enthusiasm levels to hear such nice comments  but really I am just chasing my dreams and one of them was to have my own museum, even if it's only me that ever see's it. I can't afford ready done exhibits so the only way to achieve that dream was by my own hard work and as I am one of those that thinks almost anything is achievable by a bit of sweat and hard graft, that is what I am doing. Of course, having a loving, supportive and very understanding wife helps no end.

Regards,

Jon

Your museum is somewhere I would definitely have on my list of places to visit Jon. I must admit I was worried what had become of you as I didn't see you post on another forum for a long while. Very pleased there was no need to worry and yourself and the Panzer 2 are in fine form,

Mike, thanks very much for your kind words, your input and advice over the years has been highly regarded and appreciated by me as has yours Richard.

Best regards to all of you.

• Like 1