Not Another Morris C8!

Carruthers

Hi boys,

I know Rik W has been doing his C8 over the last few months. I have some pix of my resto too, however, it's a fact that it's not unlike Rik's ( big, green etc) I can post some pix if there's any interest.

It has got in the way of my Morris 10, airborne trailer and MB respray so it's nearly done. May have to sell due to space etc....

Rik, I have the screen just about to be re-assembled. Sorry for delay- do you still need dimensions mate?? I will have some bits left over if anyone's interested.

Simon

Hi Rik,

This C8 will have to go I'm afraid, but only once I'm happy it's a good as it can be. Subject to a registration plate, it will be sold ready to drive off (or drive onto a transporter!!!) I have loads of pix of the resto to go with the sale so any potential buyer can see all the work that's been done.

It has tons of original bits, corretc Butler headlamps, original instruments, rad grill and I'm just getting new seat covers made up using some old but nice canvas to keep the 'look' right.

I'm just trying to assemble the windscreen now... new glass looks good!

Si

I willsort out the spares situ. You have first shot of course

Yeah for sure mate. I have some bits that I know Rik has ( just need to find them!!).

As the Truck is nearly all back together all the bits which have been restored/painted etc, have come out of their respective boxes and bolted back on the truck. This means that I can get to other boxes where the extra bits have ben kept in case I needed them.

I have 2 pairs of the 1/4 steel chassis to front bumper plates. These are the foot long ( ish) parts with a 90 deg bend that bolt to the chassis rail and then pick up the bumper. The headlamp bars bolt into them.

Rik: I have a pair of the metal rectangles that fit next to the rad blasted and in primer if you need them. I have a spare radiator too. I know you got one recently Rik so open to you C8fat....

I'll get some pix up for you to see shortly. 'Before and after' type OK??

Yep I'll take those bits Simon, let me know how much etc,etc. ;-)

I'll check over the best pair and put a coat of OD on them if you like, and the cowl/rad panels too. Say £30?? If you want them left in primer no probs. I also have some of the brass countersunk screws that hold the windscreen opening brackets tot he frame. These normally seize and the ones I have (4ba I think) are too long but ca be cut down). You need 12 for the whole screen. if you want them let me know.

My brother lives in Ampthill so if you're happy with the price, I may be able to get them over to his and you could pick up from MK if that works...

Simon

C8 for sale on MilWeb:

Morris C8GS 1944

Has been subject to full restoration - photographs available. Some spares and lots of camping kit included. Really genuine vehicle - phone for full details. Forsale due to loss of interest. £4650.

01926 422655

Pete Holden 29 October '07

width=640 height=497http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/classpics/35642.jpg[/img]

Yep I'll take those bits Simon, let me know how much etc,etc. ;-)

I'll check over the best pair and put a coat of OD on them if you like, and the cowl/rad panels too. Say £30?? If you want them left in primer no probs. I also have some of the brass countersunk screws that hold the windscreen opening brackets tot he frame. These normally seize and the ones I have (4ba I think) are too long but ca be cut down). You need 12 for the whole screen. if you want them let me know.

My brother lives in Ampthill so if you're happy with the price, I may be able to get them over to his and you could pick up from MK if that works...

Simon

Yes please mate, the screws as well. Ampthill pickup would be fine.

.......Unless I'm out your way when I will deliver at no extra charge!!

I also have a 10cwt type 2 'airborne' trailer for sale. Currently it's in progress with a sandblasted and primed chassis and new sides/ends which have been made for it with the corect double return at the top edge. New corner parts too. It has the original six bolt wheels and a spare one too. Original spring loaded handles on the front but currently a ball type towing eye (handy for moving it about!) Frame needs some small repairs, then the new parts welding on, but I'm out of storage space so.....

know anyone who'd be interested??

Simon

It's a 'walkaround' of my mate's 1942 CS8. I write for the pulisher of the mag on a different subject as they have several hobby titles in their protfolio. I have others in the pipeline, but everything has to collide at the same time, it seems!!

Just finished working on a 3 hour doc on the formation of the SAS so still cleaning all my kit. Good fun driving Jeeps around at night with pyros going of etc!! Iwas re-enactment co-ordinating and supllying vehicle and costumes etc. My son is one of the main characters. Will will a 3 parter on History Channel in Feb... My experiance of film work says it's all done in the edit, so I expect it to be very good, from what I was involved in but we'll have to wait and see...

i can load up some pix when I have re-sized them if you want.

cheers

Simon