Dunkirk A13 Mk2

A while back researching the A13 Mk2 tank, i noticed that there were only two remaining in the world, one at Bovington tank museum and one in a poor state at the Dunkirk museum. Apparently the Dunkirk A13 was scrapped after years of neglect. Not sure what the full story was scrapping such a rare tank, does anyone know why or has someone rescued it. I also wonder if what happened to the A13s captured after the fall of France by the Germans bought into service and used most probably on the Russian front, did any survive

DA05A21B-73BE-4CBA-A3A8-487D0A43B59B.jpeg

2 hours ago, BC312 said:

Funny how they can find a Spitfire on a beach after 70 years in salt and sand , rust, powdered aluminum you name it and a few years later its as if it left the factory flying..

I think it's debatable whether that's the same Spitfire that crashed on the beach, however...

when news first spread of it being disposed of i rang the museum and spoke to the female curator that explained it had been scrapped.  i then asked for the details of the scrap yard but she wouldn't provide them and that was the end of that. i was really angry and disappointed and vowed to save whatever i could in future. which is how i ended up in the mess i'm in now :)

• Like 5

Just wondered if anyone actually had a chance to look at the tank before it was scrapped to give their opinion on the condition. It looks obvious that its a basket case. Wondered if its been scrapped or just sitting in the yard, sometimes scrap merchants put such things aside and deal with later.