War Film...vehicle fails...

Rootes75

One of the very best war films (!?) Operation Dunkirk 2017. An American film that shows many ,'many' instances of utter rubbish displayed on the screen. Too many to mention but M5 Stuarts as German tanks, post war very clean Jeeps complete with Allied Star, BTW they leave that and go waltzing off into the maize. The Germans have a Bazooka and in the same scene have SMG's that have 100+ round mags.

I recorded it from yesterday so I will make a list.....

On 12/30/2021 at 9:57 AM, Rootes75 said:

Just watching the original Dunkirk film, one of the first scenes in France shows a couple of trucks being attacked and set ablaze.

One is a small Fordson but the other is a Bedford QL, obviously not actually introduced at that time.

See 2nd post in thread😊😊

2 hours ago, XS650 said:

See 2nd post in thread😊😊

Oh Yes😉

I did also notice in the first scenes at the docks the lorries being loaded in the distance were a bonneted Leyland Comet from the 50's and what looks like a flat fronted mid 50s Leyland tractor unit...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rootes75 said:

We are sat watching the 1955 Colditz Story, the Germans have just pulled up in 3 Austin GS trucks.

Even better, there's a scene in which the PoWs are loading Austins, there's a close up of the driver sitting in what appears to be a Dodge, then he drives off in an Austin ...

• Like 1