Information wanted.

Tony B

A friend has asked me for help in the matter of a Tillings- Stevens TS20/2. My reaction was What?

So, the story is ,rescued some years back from Essex The Chassi number is F204 Contract no V3268 Catalouhe number (?) 7

Ministry of Supply TT3 Rebuilt to Class 1 30/01/1945 at Army Auxilary Worksho NoB112.

First question - Where was B112. Theowner hopes it was Martin Waters in Folkstone, as the picture you can se was taken in the workshop about that time and features a TS 20/2

Belived to be one of two remaing So any info gratefulllly recieved

Sorry can't get picture torotate20210515_163906.thumb.jpg.aaf01918bb1ba93847f119f0ad60cbae.jpg

ts 20.jpg

Edited by Tony B

The TS20 was a searchlight truck and had a generator driven by the vehicle's engine. I knew of one in Ashford about 40 odd years ago, and it may well be the one that was restored later on by Bill Hooker from East Kent, Bill had a TS19 as well. There are no known records of Army Auxiliary Workshops so to identify the number B112 will be difficult.

Thanks guys. Yes Richard that sounds right.Do you know if the truck in question had at some time been a fairground vehicle? The current owner is also looking for any parts that may be about.

Edited by Tony B
crossing the t