EBay British Army No1 Stove

Surveyor

The NSC is correct. I'm not sure if NSNs were applied retrospectively in place of Domestic Management Codes for older equipments. I know when I was working for the MoD that this was the plan.

The price seems a tad high when they can be got for less.

• 7310: Food Cooking, Baking, and Serving Equipment.
Edited by Paul Drake

J2 is the Domestic Management Code for Cookset Equipment, it was derived from VAOS Section J2 for Portable Cookers & Cooking Equipment.

J2-7310-99-125-1847 pre-NATO Codification was identified in VAOS as J2-JB10820

Also in RAF as 21C-2143, a rather broad group as 21C covered "Metal ware"

Used by RN as O247-10820 (note O247 not 0247) This section was withdrawn 30+ years ago

Identified by Defence Clothing & Textiles Agency as AO-9374 & C1S767SH1T013 (yes really)

From memory I think the adoption of FCS as NSN was ratified by UK in 1954. Codification was started here in 1956 & was meant to be completed by 1965.

• Like 1

The repair & mods would have been in EMER ENGINEERING & MISCELLANEOUS D 100 somewhere.

D 100 is a guess, as D is Cooking & Bakery Equipment. The earliest index I have is 1981 which starts with D 220 Mobile bakery equipment.

NSN screenshot:

133355786_IMG_20210430_163315(Medium).thumb.jpg.c7e033cbd8e807d6990d84d3cba324b3.jpg

Yes I bought mine around the same price but they auction house didn't know what it was, also they didn't show the kit with it, I hope to get it working soon, tank cleaning under way at the moment, I have a thread on here for my attempt on restoration 

• 3 weeks later...

All the standard war-time cookers were manufactured and used post-war but obviously the war-time date makes this one interesting.  Even so without the range which goes with it rather expensive.  

No doubt it will eventually sell.

• Like 1