AEC Manuals

MIKES

I need  the following for an AEC militant MKIII Recovery:

Technical Handbook  - EMER D120

Technical Description - EMER D122

Illustrated Parts List

Not worried if originals or photocopies or even scanned onto a disc.

Please let me know if you have any or all of these.

Many Thanks.

I seem to have these but it is a question of finding them!

AC No.22214 User Handbook. Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 6x6 AEC Mk 3. Oct.1970

D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.5. Auxiliary winch pulley. Jan.1972
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.6. Crane hoist lock valve. Jan.1973
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.7. Extension front propeller shaft. Jan.1973
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.8. Installation of cab heater. May 1976
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.9. Steering drag link. Jul.1979
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.10. Fitting of fog lamps. Oct.1981
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.11. Supersession of crane hydraulic pump. May 1981
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.12. Power steering, hydraulic system mod. May 1983
D 127 Recovery Vehicle, Wheeled, Medium, 10 Ton, 6x6, AEC. Mod.Instr.No.13. Installation of CLANSMAN radio. May 1984

I don't know how much commonality there is to the GS Truck

AC No.19098 Spare Parts List, Truck, 10 Ton, GS, Cargo, 6x4, AEC. Dec.1954

I assume that is just automotive only as there is a separate parts list for the GS body

Hello Clive,

That's a good list of documents. If you can find them out that would be useful. No panic . There must be quite a bit of commonality with the GS with regard to engine, gearbox and probably axles so at a fall-back I could probably do with the EMERs for that.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Mike.

• 2 years later...

Hi Mike did you ever get anything on your militant mk3 as I’m looking for any information to do with the ram set up for lowering and raising the crane hook ,we have a militant mk3 which we think has a fractured/ burst pipe inside the boom but we can’t seem to find any information about the crane ,

many thanks ray