RAK15/1 OR RAK 15/2 RATION HEATERS

leisa meddings

1 hour ago, andym said:

As linked above, xmod seem to have 20 of them?

Andy

They may have 20, but the one in the photo is used and probably faulty.

I have about 30 in my store with various faults and although there is a parts list in the user manual there are no NSNs so even if we could identify the fault we can't demand the parts to repair them.

12 hours ago, johnwardle said:

They may have 20, but the one in the photo is used and probably faulty.

I have about 30 in my store with various faults and although there is a parts list in the user manual there are no NSNs so even if we could identify the fault we can't demand the parts to repair them.

Thats a bit of slanderous statement.  Do you know this for a fact or is it just an assumption basedon yourown stock.  the xmod have the term used on there listening.. when it has been.  I think you will find it NOS.  With storage marks...   as I was told when phoned to enquire about them earlier in the year.

10 hours ago, guevon said:

Thats a bit of slanderous statement.  Do you know this for a fact or is it just an assumption basedon yourown stock.  the xmod have the term used on there listening.. when it has been.  I think you will find it NOS.  With storage marks...   as I was told when phoned to enquire about them earlier in the year.

If you look closely at the photos on xmod's website, the lid is scuffed and has a lot of dirt on it, also the switch guard has signs of use. When I have new ones delivered they stay in their boxes until they are issued. As I handle and test these boiling vessels on a daily basis I can easily tell the difference between NOS and used.

8 hours ago, leisa meddings said:

EX MOD HEATERS ARE ALL USED.

THEY MAY WORK, BUT WE ARE AFTER UNUSED NEW ONES.

WE MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOUR FAULTY ONES WORKING

LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU WITH THE 20PCS YOU HAVE.

And you can confirm that . As I said before.  I phoned and inquired about these earlier in the year when they had a lot more of them they are Nos with storage marks.. if you have asked them they would tell you that.  and state that's a library picture for reference only.

There are plenty of surplus dealers out there who advertise items with POA and no photo's.

Edited by guevon
Correcting My Bad grammar.

1 hour ago, leisa meddings said:

IM MUCH NICER THAN TO SHOUT...........WE ALL NEED TO HELP EACH OTHER

In case you aren't aware of Internet etiquette, posting in all capitals is known as "shouting" and firmly frowned upon!  😉

Andy

Electrotherm will not deal with members of the public. - I tried for spares.

If the MOD are paying over a £1000 for these they are soft in the head, and wasting public money They are well made  and tough, but there's nothing special inside them. The thing that's likely to go pop is the thermal cut out.

Diana

BTW CAPITALS = SHOUTING, so I don't shout 🙂

Edited by Diana and Jackie

• 9 months later...