Jeep car cover required, any recommendations

67burwood

Evening folks, can anyone recommend a car cover for my GPW ? It will be spending sometime outdoors due to other projects, ideally a cover that someone has actually bought and can recommend, I’ve purchased covers before for more modern vehicles and have never been impressed with any of them, usually lightweight and easily tear.

I have a heavy duty "ultimate" car cover for my old Austin Seven from these people and it is really good.  VERY well made indeed and has been totally weatherproof with tie down straps, etc.  Soft too.  The Seven is parked on the drive so the cover needed to be good.  I could not find one tailored specifically for your Jeep but I would be surprised if they couldn't help you.  Likely cost you £150 plus but it should last years and is way way better than other types.  You gets what you pays for. https://www.classicadditions.com/en-GB/outdoor-car-covers/ultimate-outdoor-car-cover/prod_10077

• Like 1

I bought a cheapy one off ebay, put it on and a gust of wind literally ripped it off..!

Not as expensive as mentioned above, but I then bought this one off ebay designed for a CJ Jeep so similar profile

Its tough, breathable and covers down below the wheels and has cross straps to keep it in place. I have the hood bars up without the hood so it all but keeps it off the jeep from the windscreen back

Its on the Jeep out of the garage now as my wifes Nissan Figaro has developed a leaky roof an that can't possibly stay out in the cold!!! I do check now and  then and so far everything is good and dry..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Outdoor-Indoor-Car-Cover-for-Jeep-CJ2-CJ7/261569936805?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

I have a heavy duty "ultimate" car cover for my old Austin Seven from these people and it is really good.  VERY well made indeed and has been totally weatherproof with tie down straps, etc.  Soft too.  The Seven is parked on the drive so the cover needed to be good.  I could not find one tailored specifically for your Jeep but I would be surprised if they couldn't help you.  Likely cost you £150 plus but it should last years and is way way better than other types.  You gets what you pays for. https://www.classicadditions.com/en-GB/outdoor-car-covers/ultimate-outdoor-car-cover/prod_10077

Thank you for the recommendation, I’ve found the Jeep cover, it was listed under Willis and costs £225, its slightly more than I was expecting but if it’s good it might be worth investing in one. 

4 minutes ago, OzH said:

Its on the Jeep out of the garage now as my wifes Nissan Figaro has developed a leaky roof an that can't possibly stay out in the cold!!! I do check now and  then and so far everything is good and dry..

You gave up your garage for a Nissan!!

Just now, OzH said:

The one in the link I've sent is £90.. works for me..

Thanks Oz , I’ve see this one for sale , there’s also another model up from that one called stormforce that cost £150.

Thanks for the recommendations , it’s always better to get first hand reviews.