WANTED - Rations!

cap174

Hi everyone! 
I'm looking to buy rations for my collection - I restore them back to there original state, so they will be around forever. I'm interested in any ration packs, but the older the better. I don't mind if the rations are water damaged, leaking or not complete. I'm especially looking for compo rations, but like I said before, everything's cool.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

You must have heard of the most succulent British Army compo tinned processed cheese. A must for any connoisseur of good food, by just mentioning its name will bring back memories to many a soldier of the good old compo.

I did have a few cans left in my barn and will dig them out next month when in the UK and let you know.

Cheers Mick

Location UK East Sussex

I have just got hold of some current ration packs courtesy of 4 Scots, they are now packaged in plastic bags. There are now 14 menus which come in 7 boxes box A to Box G each containing 2 menus ie box A has menus 1 & 2 box has menus 13 & 14, there are also 10 vegetarian menus again 5 boxes each containing 2 menus, these are labelled box VA to Box VF.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/18/2019 at 2:35 PM, 2691H said:

You must have heard of the most succulent British Army compo tinned processed cheese. A must for any connoisseur of good food, by just mentioning its name will bring back memories to many a soldier of the good old compo.

I did have a few cans left in my barn and will dig them out next month when in the UK and let you know.

Cheers Mick

Location UK East Sussex

Apparently when Kraft first produced posseced  cheeses, the other companies called it Embalmed Cheese

Edited by Tony B

• 9 months later...