How Much Is it Worth

Mark

Check out the autotrader for an idea ( http://www.autotrader.co.UK/ ) they start at a couple of hounded for a ropey one, to £10000 for a complete rebuild. The average seem's to be about £1500. It's probably best to get any older vehicle checked out by somebody who is familiar with them as well (Yes I've got a degree in stating the obvious :-D)

Fauvorite rust sites, same as military. Bulk head and door tops, rear chassis member. One nasty habit the LWBs have is to rust right round chassis just in front of rear springs. A galvanised cahsis is worth paying extra for. In the civvy market people have a habit of beliving 'Land rovers never rust and so are worth a lot of money'. Alternate you can get a decent early Range Rover for the same money or even a decent early Discovery for les than £1500.

if theres no rust in the hot spots then £400-£800 but it varies because there is not such thing as a book price on a land rover because i have seen series IIa wrecks that i would give a tenner for sell for £900 because of some weird ass reason that i will never understand, even if i like land rovers i would draw the line at buying one that the body work is completely destoryed and the chassis has seen too many winters in the open unless it was a series 1 then in that case i would rescue it