Victory show photos - faaaasands of 'em!

Here's my photos from Victory, again big thanks to all, I think we did ourselves proud and really gave a boost to the public for the image of both Tommy Atkins and the poor bloody British infantry who made it possible for us to put on this display

awarduu5.jpg

The award

display1kl2.jpg

One part of our display showing the Universal Carrier Mk 2 and lend-lease half track, and the cottage

display2ti7.jpg

Part two showing the bunker (based on an original photo which was displayed at the front on the crowdline) and HQ tent

display3op3.jpg

Part three showing the Universal Carrier Mk I, museum style display and accomodation tents

display4wl3.jpg

Another photo showing the tents and museum style display, as well as the Jeep with the ATS display right at the end

chrismk6.jpg

Chris Bell in the communications dug out

coalvillern3.jpg

And yes, the sign for Coalville was pointing in the right direction!

montydg6.jpg

Monty

bobwelbikeqz4.jpg

Blurry photo of Bob on the Welbike - video footage to come!

pipecarrierrx1.jpg

And I quote from 'The Chaps guide on conduct when in the service of his Majesty the King'; "When being transported by military vehicle, one must make every opportunity to smoke ones pipe"

halftrackcarrierii9.jpg

Cheers to Rob for taking this photo, i'm the handsome chap stood in the half track behind Tim the bren gunner

thruwindowju4.jpg

View from the inside of the cottage

timbr0.jpg

Private Kyte relaxing

holsterou3.jpg

Good use was made of the rifle holder on the Universal Carrier Mk 1

signyq4.jpg

One of the few events this year where the sign was appropriate!

carriervq7.jpg

There's nothing cooler than a Universal Carrier with British infantry in it - and there's nothing more British than the Universal Carrier

carrier2bg9.jpg

V8 engine, starts first time at the click of a button, and beats a modified Vauxhall Corsa anyday

fritzphlattnerkt4.jpg

sigalize5.jpg

Forward Sigali!

pak40he4.jpg

Here's my last few photos, of the other displays on site (and above the site!)

May upload some more later, hope you enjoy them

Edited by Marmite!!
photo links repaired

Here's my photos from Victory, again big thanks to all, I think we did ourselves proud and really gave a boost to the public for the image of both Tommy Atkins and the poor bloody British infantry who made it possible for us to put on this display

Great words and Ifor one always enjoy seeing your pictures Rlangham - makes a nice change from seeing the 101st AB all the time - more pictures please!

Great Stuff , I m impressed with all the digging that was done to create the bunkers , pits and trenches , thats not to say the other details weren't also well done , the signs and displays of equipment , the total added up to an award winning its obvious why .

Yes please post more Photo's!!!!!

The victory show is one of the best MV shows I have ever attended!.

There was fly pasts by; lancaster, dakota, spitfire, messersmit 109 and a mustang.

There was a brilliant dog fight between the spitfire and the 109 and it was fantastict to watch. When the lancaster flew over it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!. There was also a display by a Yak plane and the pilot was brilliant, he did all kinds of stunts. There was also a spotter plane flying(the same one in the film battle of the bulge, with henry fonda in it).

There was also a large collection of model aeroplanes flying including the euro fighter which sounded great.

The battle reanactment was very good and even the field caught fire.

The 40's dance on saturday was great and the singers were very good.

The catering was superb, a burger van run by an italian family sold freshly cooked food that tasted FANTASTIC, a qtr ponder with cheese was only £2.50.(beltring caterers take note, it can be done).

On sunday a couple of old boys walked past our tent and we started chatting to them, one was a tank transporter driver during the war and the other was captured by the japs and worked on the burma railway. We made them tea and gave them some cake and chatted to them for a couple of hours and it was a pleasure and an honour to talk to them.

I spoke to one of the organisers who said that next year they hope to have a brick built shower block in place.

A bloody fantastic weekend and well worth the 100 mile drive from london.

Its the Victory show at Cosby just outside Leicester.

This was its third year, it just seems to go from strength to strength.

More slanted towards re enactors and it is WW2 not a general MV show, although there were some vehicles non WW2 near the traders stalls.

Well worth putting in next years diary for a weekend away, don't forget your ear plugs for the battles though. :-D

width=640 height=341http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/whistlinwolf/vic_148.jpg[/img]

At the safety briefings we were told our first few minutes of our run in to the large battlefield were to be done "battened down".This was why.An excellent walking barrage, I'm still grinning at the thought of it. :-D

Hello one and all,

Have been in holiday and then re-enactment mode these last few weeks, now getting back into forum mode! To add more timewasting activities for HMVF forum visitors I have sorted out my victory show pix and bunged them online in a snazzy new web-thingy for your delectation (is that the right spelling?). Anyway, look here if you fancy more Victory pics... mostly people, but a few MV's.

http://www.depthoffieldimages.co.uk/victory07/index.html

Enjoy!

Zoomer