What type of license for Saracen?

Val

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but thinking about purchasing a Saracen APC. Can someone answer the following questions for me?

What type of license would I need?

Who to insure it with?

How do I charge an "accumulator"?

How often would it need servicing?

Anything else I should know?

I'm new to MVs but have always dreamt about having one.

Many thanks,

Val

Ah, hmmm...

Damn. Can I fit a cannon on it somehow? lol

Hmmm... yes a plastic one but no one in the hobby will take you seriously though :whistle: you should of bought a Saladin :roll:

width=387 height=258http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/012.jpg[/img]

Photo Copyright John Blackman

http://www.militaryvehiclephotos.com/

Don't laugh.the Saracen in Sam's posting is not someones imagination gone wild. It actually appears to be one of the South African army versions, probably for testing the turret during the development of the Ratel, which replaced the Saracen.

Yes but Sam will only have a little diddy turret on his one :whistle:

Don't laugh.the Saracen in Sam's posting is not someones imagination gone wild. It actually appears to be one of the South African army versions, probably for testing the turret during the development of the Ratel, which replaced the Saracen.

read Tom Sharpe's Riotous Assembly, the bit where th Saracen meets the magazine loading elephant gun Will have you wetting yourself with laughter.

Well, I brought mine from Tanks a lot, and it's got a turrett but he said that he didn't have the cannon for it as it was a pain to move about with it on. One of the things that I overlooked when I was there :( I didn't look for any cannon mounts. But surely if he's in the business, he'll know the difference between a cannon and the browning gun?

If it's the one Nick Mead was selling it did'nt come with a cannon, it only had the normal browning turret on top.

As for it being a possible SA version, I somehow doubt it due once again to size of turret and gun depicted in picture.

Whereabouts in London are you Val? As if not too far we can arrange a visiting Accumulator charging service, not cheap mind :whistle:

Well, I brought mine from Tanks a lot, and it's got a turrett but he said that he didn't have the cannon for it as it was a pain to move about with it on. One of the things that I overlooked when I was there :( I didn't look for any cannon mounts. But surely if he's in the business, he'll know the difference between a cannon and the browning gun?

Hmmm.. sounds a bit strange... pain to move with cannon... wonder how the Army manage :whistle: has he taken all the armament off the rest of his armour :whistle:

Ok I know Nick Mead & he's in to Potato Cannons big style so I would imagine he was talking about one of these ;-) :roll:

As it's an ex-corporate vehicle I would invest in a big tool kit :whistle: