8 minutes ago, Tomo.T said:

The ASC (Army Service Corps ) No. was an early means of registering military kit, including vehicles. The system did not work in practice and there were many duplicate no's issued. The whole system was scrapped in early 1915 and replaced by WD ' bonnet ' No's.

Thanks Tomo, I thought that was probably the case but didn't want to jump to conclusions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been quite slow finding parts for the Thornycroft with the three major missing components being the steering box, engine and gearbox. I spotted this generating set online and we have been

Wow, it has been a year since the chassis arrived and I have only really managed to do research! I decided to have a scrub at the side of the chassis to see if I could find the chassis number in

Thanks Andy, Perhaps I am better off not knowing the hammer price but I am quite happy with my purchase. Although it is obvious the engine has spent some time outside and there were two spark plu

Posted Images

I have these lamp brackets, the sidelamp bracket is quite similar to those in photos but only uses two bolts to mount to the bulkhead. My chassis is not drilled for headlamp brackets.

IMG_6333.thumb.JPG.a712b19553b9edd631c4984f8ee1f11c.JPG

These hand controls don't quite match the parts book either but could certainly be used if nothing else turns up.

IMG_6334.thumb.JPG.947f4c36e78eeb535f53ecaedea0d139.JPG