900 x 13 tyres

woa2

Can anyone help me with getting 2 900x13 Olympic Sand tyres? I need the tyres to get my car back on the road again after fitting original tyres which wore out in a month. I have tried the vintage tyre dealers, but they are all out of stock, and waiting for some more to be produced.

Can anyone help me with getting 2 900x13 Olympic Sand tyres? I need the tyres to get my car back on the road again after fitting original tyres which wore out in a month. I have tried the vintage tyre dealers, but they are all out of stock, and waiting for some more to be produced.

Robert,

There has been some talk about the availabiltiy of these Olympic tyres on MLU Forum earlier this year, seems they may not be going to produce them anymore. This came from someone in Australia, where they are of course, made. I did find a website for Olympic UK depot and they listed the same tyre on there as a grassland tyre for mowing equipment, etc. but that is evidently out of stock. May be worth you contacting Olympic direct to get the full story. There were some other tyres of that size coming in to Australia from India with a heavy deep tread, not really car type use.

Richard

• 3 years later...

Further to Richard´s posting, today a Maple Leaf Up Forum member posted details about the Trelleborg AF302 implement tyre.

It comes in a range of sizes, including 260/90-13 which replaces the 9.00-13 size, and has a suitable pattern (at least, that is what I think).

Relevant data is available from www.trelleborg.com:

AF302

The new Implement tires are metric size marked, tubeless and Load/Speed index rated, which gives a higher load capacity and higher permitted speed (40-50 kph) than previous tires. The tires are recommended for trailers and other agricultural Implements such as spreaders, balers, ploughs, drills etc.

Trelleborg Implement Standard Broschure

Visual Product Folder

2979.jpg

Edited by mcspool

Many thanks for this. However, they are only rated at 40-50kph, which comes out to no more than 37mph - not really suitable for motorway or A class road driving. OK if I trailer the vehicle everywhere but not otherwise.

Many thanks for finding the information, but I think the hunt goes on.

Many thanks for this. However, they are only rated at 40-50kph, which comes out to no more than 37mph - not really suitable for motorway or A class road driving. OK if I trailer the vehicle everywhere but not otherwise.

Robert,

Agreed, but what are one´s other options? Using Olympic tyres decades old (what are their ratings, anyway)? Wartime tyres?!?

If I had a need for 13" tyres I would lookup a local dealer, and dig up the details re. the applicability of these Swedish tyres.

Hanno

Edited by mcspool

If there are any MRF ( Madras Rubber Factory, India ) dealers in the UK , might be worth giving them a try . MRF manufacture a 900-13 with a sort of NATO/Michelin tread pattern . A few of us ( Australia ) have bought them for our Canadian 8 cwt C8's. You UK guys may have to organise a batch import of them to make it worthwhile, I doubt if a dealer would import just 5 tyres.

As far as I know OLYMPIC here has sent the 900-13 sand grip moulds to Asia, Indonesia I think. The Melbourne factory has laid off many workers and the last Australian batch was made in 2000 , I have 3 of them dated 2000 , they fit certain towed agricultural implements like balers.

Mike

Many thanks for finding the information, but I think the hunt goes on.

Hi Robert, I think you'll find that 50kph equates to a fraction over 31mph, even worse than you thought. Although not this particular make I have heard of people running into severe problems using agricultural implement tyres on road vehicles and I think you are very wise to steer clear.

Hi Robert, I think you'll find that 50kph equates to a fraction over 31mph, even worse than you thought. Although not this particular make I have heard of people running into severe problems using agricultural implement tyres on road vehicles and I think you are very wise to steer clear.

Thanks for the advice. I was talking to an Insurance assesser once, who told me that the tyres are the first thing they check in a crash investigation.

Thanks for the advice. I was talking to an Insurance assesser once, who told me that the tyres are the first thing they check in a crash investigation.

Makes sense when you realise that you only have 4 palm sized bits of rubber in contact with the road.

If there are any MRF ( Madras Rubber Factory, India ) dealers in the UK , might be worth giving them a try . MRF manufacture a 900-13 with a sort of NATO/Michelin tread pattern . A few of us ( Australia ) have bought them for our Canadian 8 cwt C8's. You UK guys may have to organise a batch import of them to make it worthwhile, I doubt if a dealer would import just 5 tyres.

As far as I know OLYMPIC here has sent the 900-13 sand grip moulds to Asia, Indonesia I think. The Melbourne factory has laid off many workers and the last Australian batch was made in 2000 , I have 3 of them dated 2000 , they fit certain towed agricultural implements like balers.

Mike[/quote

When did you last get some MRF 9 x13 in australia and where they speed rated and ok to use on road etc

Thanks

Donald

Mike[/quote

When did you last get some MRF 9 x13 in australia and where they speed rated and ok to use on road etc

Thanks

Donald

hi Don

They are still currently available from AGTYRES in Moree, NSW . I haven't seen any speed rating on the sidewall . MRF manufacture a large variety of tyres for 4X4's and trucks etc.The tread is somewhat nobblie ..but quite Ok for the speeds we are likely to be doing.Click on this link

http://orbit.dnsrouter.com/~mlu/forums/showthread.php?t=10850

Edited by goanna

Vintage Tyres at Beaulieu are still considering making a batch of 250 road legal tyres. They need people enquiring to ensure the project is viable. Last time I talked to them, they hadn't got enough interest yet. Please contact Chris Marchant on chrismarchant@vintagetyres.com to express any interest. As far as I know, they will be the only 900x13 road legal tyres in the world.

We are the importers for MRF tyres in the UK and can supply 9.00 x 13 sandgrip tyres. A production run is taking place next month so if anyone needs any this is the time to order them as not sure when next production run will take place We are just setting up our new website which will have all details but if you e-mail me at donman22@btinternet.com i can forward specs a picture and specs. I do not have final price as yet but expect then to be around the £85 mark. Please spread the word as need to get anyone who wants them to get an order in over the next few weeks.

Rgds

Donald

ToTec Tyres

• 4 months later...

Donald (ToTec), I saw your posting on the 9.00 x 16 string about 9.00 x 13 tyres:- Post 21 - http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=14578&page=3

Although I'm not in the market, as far as buyers are concerned the main issues are what the MRF tyres look like and their speed rating. Can you provide better details? Are they reasonably in keeping with historic vehicles? Can you post a picture?

There is world wide demand for these tyres (I'm sure Robert (WOA2) will be along and provide links to the discussions on MLU), or are you restricted to supplying only the UK market?

I went to Beaulieu Autojumble last weekend and spoke to Chris Marchant of Vintage Tyres, and he told me they are getting a batch of 10 900x13 tyres in soon, as a sample prior to placing an order for more, and he will contact me when they arrive. Tread will be a road tread style. Anyone wanting tyres, please contact Vintage Tyres. They are a registered dealer and the tyres will be road legal in the UK.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all that has supplied Information on the tyres 900x13 they are for a anti aircraft gun that the R.S.L. is restoring, if there is anyone that can supply the tyres I would be very thankfull , would like to try and get even two tyres before Anzac Day, I will pay for transport and other cost to Adelaide thanks guys