early 2a ffr and bedford

lozzaboy

right here we go, new here but regonize a few names from else where, currently restoring a early ffr landrover with a 40 amp 24v electrical system which hopefull will be finnished before xmas (as i say every year :whistle:) http:width=400 height=300http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/lozzaboy/more2affr029.jpg[/img]

once this is finnished i'm planning on moving onto bigger things, my dad started restoring a bedford QLT in the 90's but never finnished it, next time i'm home i'll try and get some pics of it

• 3 years later...

oops, I really did let this thread go, just so ya know the 2a ffr hasnt be forgotten about, work has slow been going on with it at weekends and was featured in LRM in 2008 as well, its away having a nos loom fitted and some welding done as we speak, after that other then replace the handbrake expander it should be ready for its mot, been repainted inside and out, radio fittings tracked down, restored and refitted along with rifle clips and brackets, even now I still havent been to track down my old man's QLT, but do know its safe and inside, also picked up another series 2a landrover project, nothing special really, bit of a bitsa but just replaced the bulkhead and had some welding done on the rear of the chassis, not really a true military rover but has picked up a military chassis and lights at some point so I'm rebuilding it as the sort of military landrover used by countries thats still had close ties with the uk and uk forces

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

more 2a ffr 034.jpg

cheers mate, I'll admit its not a nut and bolt job (although in the time its been off the road it may as well of been lol) but i didnt want to fit parts that shouldn't or wouldnt or been there, is your a 24volt 40 amp system too mate?

I'v been meaning to get some of the bedford for years, need to arrange a time when my old mans over from the IoM and when I'm also back in suffolk (currently serving at RAF Coningsby so get home when I can) at the same time to get some, he did start restoring it back in the early 90's, got the cab sorted and back into primer, worked on the engine and was running, I remember he had the rear body pannels took off to be refurbished but think they have been lost as its now been over 15 years which is really annoying, but I will sort out getting some pics when I can as i really wanna see whats what with it and where to start

cheers mate, I'll admit its not a nut and bolt job (although in the time its been off the road it may as well of been lol) but i didnt want to fit parts that shouldn't or wouldnt or been there, is your a 24volt 40 amp system too mate?

Morning lozza,

no, she's a regular 12 volt cargo, she was mainly used to move officers around firing ranges. I've tried very hard to keep her completely standard (apart from a Weber carb and Fairey overdrive)

Edited by G506

Fair one mate, at least its nothing that cant be undone if needed to bring it back to standard without it beinging messed around with, and deffo better then having the whole running gear and other parts replaced by that of a later landrover, sounds good though mate