AEC Militant MKI

Hutch3674

Good evening Troops,

Just wondered if there is in existence a servicing schedule for the AEC Militant MKI (1966)? If so, can I get a copy of it? My Milly has several grease points on the chassis and little brass plates but no writing or print on them, just wondered if anyone had a clue about each of them.

Drivers side nipples 38EP19.jpg

As always Thanks in advance

Hutch

Awesome Result,

Thanks I am guessing they would only require a liberal amount of EP2 (1 Pump), to keep them free and serviceable.

Hutch

Hello I've just had a look on my militant and mine has the same from left to right reads CLUTCH PIVOT. CLUTCH STOP PIVOT. HAND LEVER PIVOT. PEDAL SHAFT.

Hi Neil, to answer to your question, all the lubricating nipples take OC600 (EP140) but due to the adance in grease technology everyone probably uses grease .

The following do take grease

Generator spindle bearings (XG271)

Starter motor spindle bearings

Water pump bearings (LG280)

All other moving parts (linkages,door locks, hinges) are just oil can lubricated

This list is almost identical on Scammells too, all the above is taken from the D152 and R152 EMER for both vehicles

Hi Neil, to answer to your question, all the lubricating nipples take OC600 (EP140) but due to the adance in grease technology everyone probably uses grease .

The following do take grease

Generator spindle bearings (XG271)

Starter motor spindle bearings

Water pump bearings (LG280)

All other moving parts (linkages,door locks, hinges) are just oil can lubricated

This list is almost identical on Scammells too, all the above is taken from the D152 and R152 EMER for both vehicles

Many thanks Butch - will file this info with the vehicle data. Now to resume the hunt for a silencer that doesn't involve modifying the exhaust system. :) :)

OC600 (EP140)

Hi Butch,

Just in case you are not aware, OC600 was a Straight SAE140 gear oil, not an EP (extreme pressure) gear oil. You will find that OC600 was often specified for use on axles and gearboxes that contained bronze parts, especially worm drive axles. If you were to use the EP140 it could be harmful to these components.

regards, Richard