RLC Museum Deepcut Vehicle Record Enquiries

simon king

Anybody got an idea about the current turnround time for vehicle enquiries to the RLC Museum? My enquiry, using the form available online was sent to them in the middle of August

Plenty of time yet :-D..............I've sent 2 enquiries rang and spoke with a guy twice that'll be over the last 3 yrs ................... still no response YET :mad: , so wouldn't hold your breath .

Buyer beware! I did this with the intention of gifting the card to the vehicle's first ever driver in service and guess what? The record card was blank for the first 12 years of service history! As much use as a chocolate camel in a Libyan desert! I agitated, 'goods not fit for purpose' and eventually received a refund in full (£30).

The vehicle concerned, if you've not guessed in following my Libya thread in Research area, is the Scammell Explorer 94BD17.

You will be seeing more of this magnificent vehicle in desert sand colours soon; sand-coloured Hippos too and and .... RL Binners galore and even more of K9s and another Scammell Explorer that we've seen before on here, 94BD27!

Buyer beware! I did this with the intention of gifting the card to the vehicle's first ever driver in service and guess what? The record card was blank for the first 12 years of service history! As much use as a chocolate camel in a Libyan desert! I agitated, 'goods not fit for purpose' and eventually received a refund in full (£30).

The vehicle concerned, if you've not guessed in following my Libya thread in Research area, is the Scammell Explorer 94BD17.

You will be seeing more of this magnificent vehicle in desert sand colours soon; sand-coloured Hippos too and and .... RL Binners galore and even more of K9s and another Scammell Explorer that we've seen before on here, 94BD27!

I think that's a little unfair. You're paying for the museum (a non profit organisation) to find the card (if it exists at all). It's not up to them what's on it, if it's there at all, you're simply paying for them to find and scan it.

Yes, unfair to me and to any other ‘punter’ who has to gamble on incorrectly advertised goods. The card was not found for me, it was there already, it had already been scanned, it was advertised as a record, it could not be previewed, I presumed it was a complete record as the museum did not say otherwise, I completed an instant payment, it was there as an instant download and was not what I paid for! Simple.

Would you be happy buying something you hadn’t seen, to discover it was a complete dud?

I shall not comment further on this topic/thread except to say again, “Buyer Beware’! :shocked:

The museum do an excellent line in Corps Journals (though they are low-grade scans with any images almost totally indiscernible) which are semi-pre-viewable based on a key word delivering a scrambled one-liner. Not really a preview at all. I subscribe to this service and despite the failings, find the information provided very useful for my research. May honesty and openness prevail. :-)

Edited by BlueBelle
Spelling boo boo!