tyres, 10.50 x 16

Bodger Baz

where can i get 2 of 10.50 x 16 tyres in off road, rough terrain pattern to go on my Bedford?

Managed to get three road tyres for the front wheels (1 spare before anyone points out the obvious!) believe they are 1950's goodyears that are brand new, just need some chunky ones for the rear end.

Baz

Hi, they are available,........can't think of the name they're going under, now, except I think they're something to do with Barum tyres.

I know also,.well have seen that size in Pentas make.

It is a very modern tread pattern, though.

Andy

I believe a company called Mitas now manufacture them.

The tread pattern is not 100% correct for a war-time vehicle, but they don't look too out of place.

If you want Track Grips Wallace Wade in the states has had some made up.

I believe he is waiting for the US Department of Transport to complete their tests before he can sell them.

The tread pattern is not 100% correct for a war-time vehicle, but they don't look too out of place.

I believe he is waiting for the US Department of Transport to complete their tests before he can sell them.

:roll: Thats the name I couldn't remember....................... :whistle:

Bigest problem, for brit ww2 vehicles, is trying to find appropriate style tyres,..............something all you american owners do not seem to find difficult. :dunno:

(well size I'm looking for,...........any ways............((900x16)) :cry:)

Lee Enfield

As you are probably a where Simex Tyres purchased the old Dunlop Moulds and still make the T24 Tread pattern.

Unfortunately they are a very difficult company to deal with and unless you want to buy a complete container load, I think you will be out of luck. Whilst most military vehicle owners are quite happy to fit tyres with inappropriate tread patterns, no company is going to invest in authentic tyres.

Supplies of both 9.00-16 and 11.00-20 Track Grip Tyres are now rapidly drying up.

Lee Enfield

As you are probably a where Simex Tyres purchased the old Dunlop Moulds and still make the T24 Tread pattern.

Unfortunately they are a very difficult company to deal with and unless you want to buy a complete container load, I think you will be out of luck. Whilst most military vehicle owners are quite happy to fit tyres with inappropriate tread patterns, no company is going to invest in authentic tyres.

Hi, wasn't aware of that,............so cheers. :-)

well have to look into this,..............the extreme landrover folks use simex tyres.

Supplies of both 9.00-16 and 11.00-20 Track Grip Tyres are now rapidly drying.

Thanks for info :-D, will look into it and see what i can find.

Baz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Bar grips is a made up name that is applied to the original non directional US mud and snow pattern such as Good Year all service. This is the standard tyre tread for Jeep, Dodge GMC but also used on Bedford MK etc.

Tracgrip is another made up term but Trak Grip is a Dunlop tyre sometimes known as banana bar for obvious reasons. It is also a non directional tread pattern that is often seen on British vehicles and is more usual now in run flats as fitted to ferret etc.

There are loads of other patterns but these are the two that are most applicable to our vehicles.