Spares or repair Ferret on ebay

Rick W

Is it actually worth getting, considering I need some armour plating?(Especially after a trip to Bovington, again). I know the bins are hard to come by and its got no cylinder head, but am I asking for a heap load of trouble? I'm after a bargain bit of heavy metal, and may have to part with the ambulance before registration, but dont want to but a complete dogs dinner! (Before arecent trip to Bov, my better half stated that we were only going there if there wasnt anything for sale- I wish!) :roll:

Rick,

If I were you I'd hold out for one which was more complete. If you were to buy that one you'd end up spending much more than it's worth just replacing bits. You'd end up making wings, bins etc. The engine will want replacing, the interior is probably empty too, more bits to make as they're getting harder to find. Of course if you have a hull you can work on the rest, but I don't actually think it's worth it. That Ferret is cheap enough as a set of spare wheel stations and a gearbox, but that's about it.

Chris