Indian vehicles

Jolly Jeeper

well I quite like Mahindra's.............. :-D

drove a friends once, a lwb version, (I think) and was impressed just where we could take it, off road, before it 'belly'ed out',

Seemed to be more comfy than the landy I had at that time, as well.

Try this one. Anyone have any idea about markings?

:banghead: this is going to bug me;.............I've got this pic in a book,......but can I find it......................... :roll: :dunno:

will have another look after some thought on it. :-)

Try this one. Anyone have any idea about markings?

Right,..............KNEW I'd got pic, somewhere,................ :-) :-)

'Burma, January 1945: a truckload of men of the 36th Inf Div. drive past their GOC, Maj.Gen.Festing. The div sign on their hats is repeated on the tailboard of the Dodge !-tonner. (my note,........this sign is an interlinked pair of circles one white one red on black rectangular background.)

The red-on-white '68' tactical sign also on tailboard identifies a battalion of the 72nd Inf Bde, in this case the 10th Glosters.'

so now we know,..................... ;-)

(this info came from British Battle Insignia 2 1939 - 45

Osprey men at arms series no 187)

Andy

I gotta agree with Enigma there. Not often we see female drivers.

At the moment I'm trying to persuade my girlfriend to buy a Jeep. She's still not very happy with the green color. However she has no problem with the looks of it, just the color and that it is army.

Should I go for a navy look instead??? :-D

Marty

I gotta agree with Enigma there. Not often we see female drivers.

At the moment I'm trying to persuade my girlfriend to buy a Jeep. She's still not very happy with the green color. However she has no problem with the looks of it, just the color and that it is army.

Should I go for a navy look instead??? :-D

Marty

Buy a :dunno:J??????? can't bring myself to say the word. Buy her a Dodge, ideal for the kids, you put a cage in the back. Wonderful for the weekly shop, if no space you park it top of a Nissan Micra, and if you do upset her you can sleep in the back. :whistle:

Buy a :dunno:J??????? can't bring myself to say the word. Buy her a Dodge, ideal for the kids, you put a cage in the back. Wonderful for the weekly shop, if no space you park it top of a Nissan Micra, and if you do upset her you can sleep in the back. :whistle:

Indeed, I slept in the back of a WC 52 when the house got a new roof...

I think we've got a bit of a geography issue creeping in here... Mahindras (licence-built Willys CJ-3Bs) and Indian Enfields (licence-built Royal Enfield Bullet 350) were made in India whereas Indian Motorcycles were made in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA (some of its later (post-WWII) products were made in England by Brockhouse and Royal Enfield).

Cheers,

JC