getting age related number

soviethoss

Question

8 answers to this question

Not a V765 application, that is to retain an existing number that does not exist on the DVLA database

As the vehicle exists on the DVLA database and has the correct d.o.m on the V5 it is a simple process to get an age related number

Write to the DVLA and explain what you want to do

If you trawl the Land Rover Series 2 club forum there is plenty of info on there on how to do this

Not a V765 application, that is to retain an existing number that does not exist on the DVLA database

As the vehicle exists on the DVLA database and has the correct d.o.m on the V5 it is a simple process to get an age related number

Write to the DVLA and explain what you want to do

If you trawl the Land Rover Series 2 club forum there is plenty of info on there on how to do this

Hi Brooky, I appreciate you know better than I, and I stand corrected, But, previously, I have been given to understand V765 can be used for this as it has a section where an owners club or the like can confirm the identity of the vehicle

When I purchased my Munga the V5c gave the DOM as 1965 and the DO 1st reg as 1979. I then travelled to one of the local DVLA offices with all the necessary documents and requested an age related number.

The officer that dealt with my request was very sympathetic and confirmed that my documentation was correct and in order. He stated that he could not grant my request at that time.

He said that if I presented my documents at a later date along with a valid MOT and a vehicle insurance certificate he

would be able to give it an age related number and re-register it in the Historic Vehicle class as well as qualifying for

zero tax.

Hi Brooky, I appreciate you know better than I, and I stand corrected, But, previously, I have been given to understand V765 can be used for this as it has a section where an owners club or the like can confirm the identity of the vehicle

The V765 scene is to reclaim a registration number the vehicle was first registered with that was never transferred to the dvla computer.

So a barn find can have its original number reallocated. It is quite a torturous procedure and does include a club looking at the evidence. Again very strict rules about what is accepted

Plenty on the dvla website

In this case the vehicle is on the system with the correct date of manufacture. It is therefore a reasonably simple process to get an age related number

I sometimes think that the registration number the vehicle was given when it left service is part of the vehicles history

A "new" are related plate has nothing to do with the vehicle past

My Series 1 Land Rover is 1955 but was registered in 1964 and carries a B plate (and has done so for longer than the vehicle was in service

Just my thoughts!