Tank museum

This weekend its Amercan Armour show at the tank museum bovington See link

http://www.tankmuseum.co.uk/home.html

Al

... and courtesy of the Director of the Royal Armoured Corps, who was a sprog 2Lt when we served together, I'll have the use of the Officers Mess, a running barbecue and free entrance to the museum for my whole family for the day. And separate parking.

Oh the joys of being a Royal Armoured Corps Alumnus.

... and courtesy of the Director of the Royal Armoured Corps, who was a sprog 2Lt when we served together, I'll have the use of the Officers Mess, a running barbecue and free entrance to the museum for my whole family for the day. And separate parking.

Oh the joys of being a Royal Armoured Corps Alumnus.

....do you think I could get away with being your son so I can get in? I AM YOUNG ENOUGH :whistle:

....do you think I could get away with being your son so I can get in? I AM YOUNG ENOUGH :whistle:

You have identical real e-mail and PM. You need to reply to one of them as a matter of urgency. Like NOW.

Are you STILL reading this? Pick up the phone. Double!

You have identical real e-mail and PM. You need to reply to one of them as a matter of urgency. Like NOW.

Many thanks - I have replied to your email and will call you this morning :-)

Plans have changed! :-D I can make it - hope I am not to late :cry: :computerterror: have left a message on your voicemail and have sent you this PM.

Call me. Double!

Jack.

Sorry, Double, you were too late. Though on Saturday morning I did mention to Sarah RJ, the Brigadier's wife that I'd had a chance of a stand-in for Wor Lass but I had to respect Mess security.

You wouldn't have enjoyed it: it was full of retired officers.

Apart from the Brigadier, whom I actually recognised by face, having last seen it on a sprog Lieutenant on the vehicle park about 1982, the only person I recognised was by name, he being our crew's perennial arch-nemesis at the annual RAC Regatta at Kiel. In the past we'd only ever seen his transom disappearing over the horizon.

But we did have a nice chat with an ex-13/18H who'd crewed a DD Sherman up the beach ahead of the infantry on D-Day.