CVRT Winnie

Naruto

Hi all, currently i'm working on a CVRT and would like to share some pictures of the restoration. Main goal is to get it running again. It was a diesel version the gearbox was removed, since diesel gearboxes are rare. This year when I could buy a petrol gearbox and jaguar engine from Vince I decided to convert it back. When finished plan is to have it as my wedding car in middle August next year, so fingers crossed ;)

CVRT-1.jpg

CVRT-2.jpg

CVRT-3.jpg

CVRT-4.jpg

CVRT-5.jpg

Lights worked with the batteries that were still in

CVRT-6.jpg

Vary nice work there, I wish I could have a good go at mine.

I do like the look of the blasted and painted track I worry very much about media intrusion wearing on things. Am I being foolish? They do drive them around in sand and dirt after all.

I noticed you removed the hull riser/ missile doghouse. Are you going to fit doors or do you have something else in mind?

Hi Guys thanks for the comments, will correct the front bins so they are the correct way :)

@ Teletec like the name doghouse. Durrently it's off and I like the look better. If I can find rear deck doors will switch over, but for now I leave it open.

Hi Guys thanks for the comments, will correct the front bins so they are the correct way :)

@ Teletec like the name doghouse. Durrently it's off and I like the look better. If I can find rear deck doors will switch over, but for now I leave it open.

I was going to rip mine right off to save the weight and such, but seeing how badly the stock doors leak I've been seduced by the ability to stand upright in mine. Once it's running and summer comes perhaps I'll take it off. :-)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Worked on the brakes, lot of work. Main brakes work, can't test steering brakes ones. First have to mount the gearbox so I can route the brake pipes and bleed the system.

CVRT-38.jpg

CVRT-39.jpg

CVRT-40.jpg

CVRT-41.jpg

CVRT-42.jpg

CVRT-43.jpg

CVRT-44.jpg

CVRT-45.jpg

Funny thing to note is ones you get in you also mis that one spanner and have to get out again. Tip get suffient tools with you once you go in ;)

That's a very good, thorough job you are doing, congratulations !! I couldn't help noticing the Comet in the background of some photos - please tell us about it. If you can do the same quality work on that it will be wonderful.

David

Thx David,

Good eye, it's a one of the Comets we currently restore for a customer, have some pictures placed on our facebook page and website https://www.facebook.com/pages/BAIV-BV/103397456456403

Comet-Celerity-1.jpg

20150520-9.jpg

kind regards Ivo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi all, never uploaded all the pictures of the restoration. Got a question if I would so here we go. Hereby the rest of the pictures, as you can see we had a headgasket failure but eventually all worked out. Hope you like the pictures. Some minor work I want to do in the future is to paint the vehicle in CAMO (Black and Green) and adjust carb / rev limiter settings.

CVRT Winnie (59).JPG

CVRT Winnie (60).JPG

CVRT Winnie (61).JPG

CVRT Winnie (62).JPG

CVRT Winnie (63).JPG

CVRT Winnie (64).JPG

CVRT Winnie (65).JPG

CVRT Winnie (66).JPG

CVRT Winnie (67).JPG

CVRT Winnie (68).JPG

CVRT Winnie (69).JPG

CVRT Winnie (70).JPG