Saw these in the pub car park...

Gareth Coe

...and it made me wonder...

width=640 height=480http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/HeidiLandRover/23-08-06_1716.jpg[/img]

They're pretty new but have civvy numberplates. I was on my way to work so didn't have time to ask around. When I came past again the next day they'd gone. I know the picture quality's not brilliant but it was taken on the handy (so there :tongue: )

Anyway.... are Pinzies for sale to hoi polloi, or are these something special? Is the owner (owners) reading this? Come on now, spill the beans. Ooh - I want one! Pretty colours too :nut:

It would be nice to think these will eventually come on the market for the likes of us to play with. Agreed they look great - especially in red. I've never seen one of the new models in a private hands at an MV show. Watch this space. No doubt they won't come cheap!

Sorry, but I can't see the photo :? But if it shows Pinz's in civil use, I may be able to help.

These and things like Unimogs are in civil use for several users in UK. We have fitted extensive comms fits into these for non-military users. These also get used for remote comms site work, and other related functions :evil:

We fitted 4, 6 wheel versions a couple of years ago. All came with civil plates and painted white.

PM me if that's helpful.

Hi, Still can't see photos! :? Yeep, no blues and twos, civil plates, a couple of antennas (small), odd paint finish :whistle: :evil: :whistle: :evil: :-D!

Did the reg numbers have 4 numbers and three letters?

I will see if the boss will let me send some photos of the 6 wheel Supacats we are doing.

Andy

PS The pinzs we did cost mega bucks to buy the chassis!

Did the reg numbers have 4 numbers and three letters?

No mate, the red one is RX 04 AHP, can't quite make-out the other one but I remember it was the same format, i.e. 2 letters then "04" then 3 letters.

Don't know why you can't see the piccy though, it's on photobucket. Not using Bill Gates' explorer thingy are you? ;-)