Severe traffic delays getting to War & Peace show Ftiday/Saturday

Nick Johns

Posted elswhere too but Be aware if travelling to W & P show friday/saturday probably sunday too. the M20 is Closed southbound from J8 Maidstone to the show site turnoff J11, when I left the site this evening, thursday, the A20 from Maidstone through Ashford up to the show site Is now VERY congested due to the diverted traffic, expect Long delays on the A20

Edited by Nick Johns

Yep,no other words than terrible , Good show but in a awful part of the country to get too especially if you ain't in a modern car !. We left at 3.30 after 3days around Folkestone area and took 4 1/2 hours to get home 176miles . All was going well looking at operation stack on other side until we reached M25 and then from junction 7 all the way up to Junction 12 at the M3 was stop start stationary and the m25 on up past junction 12 was still solid when we got off . The whole m25 anti-clockwise down from junc12 down to operation stack was a bumper to bumper car park. Saw one guy with a GMC 6x6 in it and he must of been thinking why am I doing this !. . .it was- Accidents, operation stack and simply too many vehicles on the road

I went on Wednesday, arriving at 08.55 after a three hour run, A12, M25, M20 all the way, absolutely no problems. Left site at 20.00 and had a clear run home, though M20 eastbound looked horrendous. I think I timed it just about right, though more by luck than judgement!

A2/M2, followed by A251, and what must have been the A2042 and A28 across to the A2070 worked well for us yesterday. M20 was stacked, and when we got to the end of the A2070 and onto the A20 for Westenhanger all of the entry/exits for the M20 were shut. The end of the M2 was getting busy, hence darting off onto the A251.

On the A251 just carry on at the lights, don't turn right at the housing estate.

Delays and congestion getting to the Show Will continue to Sunday as M20 Motorway remains closed from Junction 8 to Junction 11 and all southbound motorway traffic is diverted onto the A20 and other surrounding roads, and just to add to the chaos a Gale warning has been issued for the Kent area for friday night too

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/op-stack-is-back-40483/

No Foreign contingent of heavy ww2 vehicles at the show this year, presume they are stuck in France, its going to seriously affect visitor numbers too as Police are advising drivers to avoid the area !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33647761

Edited by Nick Johns