New to the Forum

Dinga

Hi I’m Dinga from Victoria, Australia. I collect and restore Military vehicles. At the moment I have an autocar wrecker Model Number U8244T which appears to the same wrecker that features in Bart Van Der Veen ‘s book at Tarawa. Hoping to hear from interested people.

Hi I’m Dinga from Victoria, Australia. I collect and restore Military vehicles. At the moment I have an autocar wrecker Model Number U8244T which appears to the same wrecker that features in Bart Van Der Veen ‘s book at Tarawa. Hoping to hear from interested people.

Hi Dinga,

Great to see your post. Does your wrecker have a single boom bit like the Ward La France but with a firth wheel coupling fitted below the jib? Would be great to see some pictures. What part of Victoria are you from?

All the best from a damp Somerset.

James.

Yes, I have both but in a dismantled state. Requires restoration. It is the same crane as Ward La France, Kenworth, M1A1,

and Federal. All of which I have in my yard. I wish to authenticate that this autocar was used by USMC squadrom VMD154.

Photos posted on autocar thread showing faded VMD 154.