Anything in South Wales?

woa2

I am going on a Holiday near Cardiff for a week starting on the 4th July with my Youngest Daughter and family. Can anyone suggest anywhere to visit? I am planning a day in Hay-on-Wye to visit the bookshops, but are there any other places to visit, like Museums, or MV club meetings?

Many thanks.

Bwlch, the Big Pit Museum, doing a thing on WW1 miners at the moment. Take the single track road from Abbageveny to Hay , that is an eye opener and Llanthony Priory is on the way , go at night for the most beautiful skies you'll ever see!

Robert,

I live in Pontypool and you have just missed our last MVT meeting, which are held on the third Thursday of the month.

Near to Cardiff you could try ....

Castell Coch

Brecon Military Museum

Caerphilly Motoring Festival at Llanciaich Fawr - 5th July

St Fagans

Big Pit Mining Museum at Blaenavon

Blaenavon Heritage Railway 1940's weekend - 11th & 12 July

Abergavenny [lovely little market town] and the mountain road over to Hay on Wye

Loads of Castles - Abergavenny, Whitecastle, Grosmont, Skenfrith, Raglan. And they're all within 12 miles of each other, loads further afield...

Usk Tank School

Cosmeston Lakes Medieval Village

Google the above for more details

If you want any further I'll pm my tel. no.

I'm 3/4 Welsh and a 1/4 Norman, even if the Norman part is dominant! So when the PC Efnic divergence question come up, the answer is 'Not English! ':D There are so many places in the Black Moutains worth visiting you could tour for weeks. An early supporter of Welsh tours can be found here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_of_Wales

Edited by Tony B