Matador/Militant/Bedford hybrid

radiomike7

I like the way that they emphasise that it is "very rare" and say that "This is a one off opportunity to purchase a very rare vehicle. We do not know of any other vehicle of this type that has this unique configuration in existence."

It has a certain appeal but to spin its completely hybrid nature into a selling point is quite an achievement!

Always wondered what had happened to it!!

Used to see it regualrly at shows in the 80's and 90's in the Cambridge/Bedford area

Interesting spin in the sales blurb.....................give it a few years with a new owner and it will be the vehicle that Churchill drove ashore on D Day :D:D

I would have guessed mid 80s too but DVSA have it down as being built in 1941 and registered in 1993. It used to live just outside Newport Pagnell.

Have it in my mind it came from or had something to do with Vass from Ampthill

Always wondered what had happened to it!!

Used to see it regualrly at shows in the 80's and 90's in the Cambridge/Bedford area

Interesting spin in the sales blurb.....................give it a few years with a new owner and it will be the vehicle that Churchill drove ashore on D Day :D:D

Interesting spin on the sales blurb........................ Withams ! nothing unusual there then :laugh:

It strikes me that this will not sell, the reserve will be too high. Its an interesting vehicle, but who does it really appeal to? Not a Matador or Militant purest as it is neither. It just does not really fit with what anyone really wants for the money Withams no doubt think its worth. If it was cheap i would buy it to break it up as it could provide lots of needed Matador mechanical spares and Militant cab spares. Im interested in the "Army overhauled AEC 7.6 ltr engine".

Already too expensive for that, I think, as it's up to £5100. It's a nice looking thing, surprisingly, but it's just a non-original hotch-potch and I'm not sure I see it at the same money that some nice original vehicles are available for.

Interesting spin on the sales blurb........................ Withams ! nothing unusual there then :laugh:

haha yes, I've seen things made by a company I know very well, advertised as "from reserve stock" the MOD never even had them! but they where good pieces of kit and sold cheap so someone got a good deal anyway, at the end of the day we know the score and have a little grin about it. As they say Buyer beware, check your stuff before you bid.

Sale ended at £5200 and reserve not met. No surprise there then. I think that £5200 with vat on top was quite a fair price. I expect Withams thought they would get £10K!!!!. It will be interesting to see what happens to it now.