Para light weight

plainmilitary

Can't see the pictures mate.

I owned a LightWeight once, it was my first Land Rover. I sold it to Serlo of XWD fame. He bought it to make it into a Para Recce vehicle, but never did see it again. The reg number on that was 74 FM 25.

I remember it had a normal one piece tailgate and was a 24v FFR vehicle.

I can ask my mate Mark Cook if he has any photo's of a Para Recce LW that he can send to me for you if he doesn't mind. His book is going through a reprint and should be in the shops soon I would have thought. I can give him a call later if you want me to?

Andy

Hi guys

Having just aquired a rather sorry looking SER3 Light weight, i am trying to find some info on Para light weights.

The reason for this is I am going to dress her as one of these vehicles. I have found one picture that is small and does't give much away on what goes where.

Does anyone out there have any pictures I could use in the build of my vehicle. This is my first attempt at this sort of thing so it will be slow but I am going to do a build in progress.

Also can anyone point me in the right direction to sorce a tail gate for a AP landy.

Many thanks

Tony

Tony,

I just got off the phone with Mark Cook. He told me that for it to be a para Recce vehicle it needs to be 24v. He said your GF registered vehicle was 12v. So I guess if you want an authentic vehicle you need to convert to 24 volt.

Edited by LoggyDriver

Tony,

I just got off the phone with Mark Cook. He told me that for it to be a para Recce vehicle it needs to be 24v. He said your GF registered vehicle was 12v. So I guess if you want an authentic vehicle you need to convert to 24 volt.

Hi folks, convert to 24v.?? That would be a interesting project. Most owners I know with 24V want to convert to 12v.

I NEVER will, but any lead for 24v 'bits' I follow up as I want to have my Airportable on the road when I have a zimmer frame. I have a strong feeling that 24v parts for the Airportable will become rather sought after.

Andy.

Probably the best details of a genuine recce L'wt is the one belonging Rogan (search through all his postings) on Ex-MLRA , there are photographs of the extra bracketry on chassis for the special shelf tailgate. This recce is shown when in service in Mark Cook's book.

http://forum.emlra.org/viewtopic.php?t=5047&highlight=rogan

http://forum.emlra.org/viewtopic.php?p=33228&highlight=#33228