Chieftain arrived

paulob1

okay so i have a reconditioned engine one of the latest builds...so that is now covered...hoorah.

Hopefully have the long bins in hand.

just need the front four bins now...we think we can restore the turrett side box and the left basket tray but we dont have the right hand basket...so looking for that...still need some interior control boxes...

Paul

we have not worked the GUE yet, it does run but the connection from the cab to the engine does not work, ie when we press the starter it isn't starting, it will be a slow process of elimination or run a new wire, we have to short the starter terminals...not neat..

I wouldn't suggest trying to short cut the GUE starter Paul.

There are a number of safety devices on the Chieftain and if the GUE isn't starting on the button - there will be a reason for it.

I saying this from experience as my sparkie at work short cut the system and we think caused a rather loud explosion in the fighting compartment.

Put it this way - I was closing down the systems in the drivers compartment and felt the blast at the back of my neck and others heard the explosion in the other workshops...........................

I would advise trying to figure out why the GUE isn't starting as once you understand how the electronics work on the beast they aren't too difficult to find faults.

Markheliops

Just for the record I did not post a price for the GUE, the posts seem to have got a bit mixed up. If anyone should need a new GUE the one I have for sale is £1250.

Still seems very reasonable John! ;)

Reading this post has made me even more convinced that sticking with CVRT's is the right thing for me! It is good that there are people like Paul willing to take these things on though, so good luck with it...

okay looks like I have the rear bins sorted, the control box, thats going to be fun with a cut cable, smoke dischargers a few other bits

still missing rear basket nearside, and the front bins...

now its get the thing all greased up and the hatches working and the turret turning easily and so on and so forth..

Still seems very reasonable John! ;)

Reading this post has made me even more convinced that sticking with CVRT's is the right thing for me! It is good that there are people like Paul willing to take these things on though, so good luck with it...

its called being slightly mad, or maybe totally mad...think I err on the side of totally mad...

its called being slightly mad, or maybe totally mad...think I err on the side of totally mad...

I was considering buying a Stalwart, which is obviously not on the same level, but a guy who owned one famously said, something along the lines of "if you buy one and your wife doesn't divorce you, you found true love."

I haven't bought one and my wife (thankfully) hasn't divorced me (yet), but she does think I am totally nuts. So I think the mad designation can be applied liberally to most devotees of military armor. It's just completely impractical and the rational common folk can't explain our passion any other way: that guy must be crazy to own that "........." (fill in the blank).