WOT2 distributor cap

MB1944

You can get the Ford ones easy enough, but that means swapping it out. The original distributor is a Lucas 411052 with a 411026 cap, 411050 body and 411031 rotor.

They do show up every so often, but I've not found a regular source.

Thanks that is just the info I was looking for.

I remember getting one from Belcher engineering when I had my WOT2

Jules

Thanks for all the info, Belcher are out of stock. I managed to find some one selling three on ebay so we have bought two, one to fit and one as spare. Lucas part no. for cap turns out to be 411029 which corresponds to the Fordson part no. WOT1-12116.

These caps are clearly not an off the shelf item, I think the hot rod guys must be using the Ford distributor.

I did find an advert in America saying that the Lucas distributor is far superior and was used on post war British performance cars.

Regards

John

Thanks for all the info, Belcher are out of stock. I managed to find some one selling three on ebay so we have bought two, one to fit and one as spare. Lucas part no. for cap turns out to be 411029 which corresponds to the Fordson part no. WOT1-12116.

These caps are clearly not an off the shelf item, I think the hot rod guys must be using the Ford distributor.

I did find an advert in America saying that the Lucas distributor is far superior and was used on post war British performance cars.

Regards

John

The Lucas distributor is better, but change the condenser to a Lucas DCB121C (do not use an original condenser) and use a setting up tool to get the timing right. Also get the 2 contact breaker points perfect, to EXACTLY 15 thou each.

Also, have you tried the Green Spark plug company for a cap?

Thanks for the info about setting up the points etc.

We did try the Green Spark Plug Company which was recommended by some one at Stoneleigh, but he had just sold his only one he had left to somebody in the States, and did not know of any others.

Regards

John

Ah, you're right I got mixed up by the descriptions in the parts list.

WOT1-12116-B is Cover (distributor) assy. -complete MT8/LU/411029

WOT1-12104 is Cap (distributor cover) MT8/LU/411026 which is the smaller disc which covers the contacts on the above.

Edited by Lauren Child

• 1 month later...

For the Lucas 411029 (= Fordson WOT1-12116) i still have 3 N.O.S. distributor caps of this type on stock.

Coming weekend i am with a salestand at the big KTR-militairy swapmeet (Keep Them Rolling) in Gorinchem, Netherlands.

Of course parts can also be send by post.

regards, Ben:cool2: