Jeep Trailer Identification

I've just bought a jeep trailer and wondered which of the several versions and manufacturers it came from. It was pushed straight in the garage after I got it home as I needed to go out again so haven't have time to look for serials etc. The only markings so far is the embossed word "ROSET" on the rear panel.

Any clues to its age, manufacture etc would be appreciated.

The last picture shows it was a bit of a tight fit in the garage along with the jeep and the aircraft/flatbed trailer, but there's still 1/4 inch clearance between the trailer 'A' frame and the jeep.

Steve

Having just seen this web page, http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.russell/willys.htm, it appears my trailer could be part or all Dutch. Certainly the end panels, handbrake and tow hitch are the same.

Shockers are held on with split pins, which was a MBT thing, but I don't know if the Dutch copied this, or whether the chassis has been recycled and modified from a WW2 version.

Steve

I don't think I've seen one like that before. The only dutch trailer I know of is the polynorm which has horizontal reinforcing indentations. I've been searching on G503 but couldn't find any like yours. Might be worth asking over there.

I spent the day under the trailer with a power drill and a rotary wire brush, cleaning off lots of loose flakey paint, and repainting. During my cleaning, I came across a data plate on the axel, which appears to be written in Dutch or German. The online translation program could only get 'axle load' from 'achslast' converting German to English.

'BPW' I am guessing is the manufacturer ( also written on the wheel hubs ), and below that is stamped 'A2J' which could be the model of trailer. The top number seems likely to be the trailer serial number. Axel Load is 800Kg, max speed is 60kph.

The trailer also has a single drain plug in the rear right corner.

Steve

During my cleaning, I came across a data plate on the axel, which appears to be written in Dutch or German. The online translation program could only get 'axle load' from 'achslast' converting German to English.

'BPW' I am guessing is the manufacturer ( also written on the wheel hubs ), and below that is stamped 'A2J' which could be the model of trailer. The top number seems likely to be the trailer serial number. Axel Load is 800Kg, max speed is 60kph.

Steve.

Your trailer is a Dutch manufacture, Roset, being one of three different makers I think. BPW is a German maker of trailer axles and suspension, the data plate would show the design load for the axle, I would think this would have included the weight of the body and chassis with the load.