New Member From Nottingham/Leicester Area

orton1966

Hi, From Nottingham/Leicester

I’m a new member living near theNottinghamshire/Leicestershire border. I’m yet to purchase my first militaryvehicle but I am actively looking for the right Willys MB Jeep.

The reasons for this new urge, is verysentimental, my dad passed away last week. In the 1970’s he was a jeepenthusiast and I have many happy memories of family trips and also watching himwork and tinker on these vehicles. He also served in WW2, where he worked onand drove many vehicles, including jeeps. He served in the 2ndLothian and Borders, during the Italian campaign. Although I can’t find theoriginal, I know a photo of one of his jeeps featured in a early book aboutthese vehicles.

So that’s me, weaned on Jeeps as a child and looking to jointhose ranks again. In the meantime, I’m also looking for someone willing orable to hire a WW2 jeep to lead my dad’s funeral cortege, this takes place inLeicester on the 4th of Feb, so I’ve not got much time to arrangeit. I know it’s a longshot!

Hi, From Nottingham/Leicester

I’m a new member living near theNottinghamshire/Leicestershire border. I’m yet to purchase my first militaryvehicle but I am actively looking for the right Willys MB Jeep.

The reasons for this new urge, is verysentimental, my dad passed away last week. In the 1970’s he was a jeepenthusiast and I have many happy memories of family trips and also watching himwork and tinker on these vehicles. He also served in WW2, where he worked onand drove many vehicles, including jeeps. He served in the 2ndLothian and Borders, during the Italian campaign. Although I can’t find theoriginal, I know a photo of one of his jeeps featured in a early book aboutthese vehicles.

So that’s me, weaned on Jeeps as a child and looking to jointhose ranks again. In the meantime, I’m also looking for someone willing orable to hire a WW2 jeep to lead my dad’s funeral cortege, this takes place inLeicester on the 4th of Feb, so I’ve not got much time to arrangeit. I know it’s a longshot!

Sorry to hear about your father.

There are a few people near to you maybe try armourgeddon at Lutterworth nice chaps or try mike at AMD four wheel drive at merrylees both on milweb list or via Google and may help you out with a jeep for the funeral.

Welcome to the forum

My condolences again

Iain

Sorry for your loss it sounds like you will enjoy your jeep when you find one as it will remind you of happier times with your father. You could try your local MVT group for someone to supply a jeep for the funeral, they are a great bunch and usually only too glad to help. It also may help you find a jeep for yourself. I am near Grantham Lincs if you get stuck I can dig my jeep out of hibernation with a bit of notice. Good luck for the future.