can anyone out there help to identify

PBI

just took a look trough some of my fathers still-age bin's that he got a good few years a go at MOD sale(1960s) mostly webbing and some truck parts which he has sold over the years . well as he is now retired we are emptying some of his sheds i came a gross 200 of these but have no idea what they are for at first i thought that they were for a US 30cal or similar weapon may be even a 7.62 FN as they are all sealed and have foreign writing on the labels some say 7.62 and some say 9mm and even .30 and .50

so can any one help identify them width=640 height=480http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/tamthegun/stirlingcastlemay2006243.jpg[/img] on this one label say :5180-17-660-1303 WIJZ: 734VZPL ALG.UITR 9mm

width=640 height=480http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/tamthegun/stirlingcastlemay2006244.jpg[/img] on this one label say NATO, MAG,FN 7.62 :5180-17-707-0411 /8 Feb1987

o and there are one or two of this thing as well width=640 height=480http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/tamthegun/stirlingcastlemay2006228.jpg[/img]

Top picture top right item (upside down L shape).

It shouts at me that it's (one of a pair) to secure sand-channels to the glacis plate of a Ferret Scout Car.

I really cannot remember ever having seen these off, so I cannot be sure. Maybe a similar part off a different vehicle?

Last picture looks like a bore inspection rig

Rods in first picture look similar to a Browning pistol cleaning rod and it would look like you have some headspace guages there as well wether they are .30 or .50 its hard to tell unless handling them.

Second picture would seem to have specific tools for an armourer for various weapons again hard to tell what weapons they would be for unless handling them.

As they are mostly labelled I am pretty sure Clive might be able to help with a more definative description if you manage to supply him with the relevant part numbers.

I agree with the last picture, looks like a Bore-sight for somat, but with that 20p coin for sizeing it would be a very large bore anti-tank rifle or Co-ax MG.If it has some kind of eyepiece on that end?

Fred

I agree that it looks VERY like my memories of a GPMG boresight. That said, I cannot remember ever boresighting a GPMG. After spending valuable time boresighting the 76, we never felt that boresighting the coax as well was going to be worth the effort. Instead, the gunner would fire a burst from the GPMG, observe the fall of shot and then aim off accordingly.

I think I may have seen a GPMG boresight once. I could be wrong. They were just clutter in an already cramped storage plan of a Scorpion.

The acid test is, does it fit tightly down the barrel of a GPMG? Otherwise I'd guess it's the boresight off something else, but I cannot think anything comparable that might come with a boresight. Never saw one for a Three-Oh. If this thing is bigger, might it be the boresight for a Chieftain Five Oh RMG?

I have now got acess to my records, although I suspect this isn't going to help!

5180-17-707-0411 Item name: GEREDSHAPSUITRUST

Name of manufacturer or government defence dept: DMKLAFDELING MANOEUVRE MATERIEL

5180-17-660-1303 Item name: GEREDSHAPSUITRUST

Name of manufacturer or government defence dept: MINISTRIE VAN DEFENSE 0030 KONINK LYY

Didn't help, did it?