Michael Wittmann

Jack

A Tiger, yes i can see that...

Flowers yes

A butterly hmmm

but what would posses someone to leave

Michael Wittmann a Cadburys Cream Eggg? :dunno:

Because after penetration by a Tiger-defeating anti-tank round, the insides of the Tiger would be not unlike the inside of the Cream Egg perhaps?

Yes, this is La Cambe. Wittmann's body was found by roadbuilders in 1983. He is buried with his crew, but the nature of the grave allows for his stone to be snapped solo. I've visited twice - and have never seen anything left on site. This makes for an interesting snap - but the creme egg is a bit of an oddity!

Yes, this is La Cambe. Wittmann's body was found by roadbuilders in 1983. He is buried with his crew, but the nature of the grave allows for his stone to be snapped solo. I've visited twice - and have never seen anything left on site. This makes for an interesting snap - but the creme egg is a bit of an oddity!

Yes it is La Cambe and strangely enough is one of my most favorite places in Normandy. Don't ask why as I just don't know but it has real elegance, I feel that the contents of the poor Axis army are often overlooked - perhaps it isn't 'Hollywood'? I wanted to find this grave since Snapper told me that he was there, we finally found it and was rather moved by the 'gifts' that were place on his grave - I look at it as 'gifts' to all of the crew that are buried with him.

Not a hero of mine, perhaps just a symbol of the fight and bravery that both sides displayed - men of their time.