Fug OT65 lubricants info required.

Hi guys.

Does anyone KNOW what fluid goes into the Fug OT65 brake system?

Is it hydraulic or brake fluid.

The only reference I can find online is for a Russian BRDM 2 system that states the brake fluid as ATM-10

It also states there is no foreign substitute for this type of fluid!

The Fug OT65 is pretty much a BRDM vehicle except for the engine so it's the nearest comparison I can find.

Any ideas chaps.

Thanks

Markheliops

I would drain the whole system, refill with dot 4 then drain it again and refill with dot 4...do not mix what ever is in there with dot 4....I think they were originally filled with castor oil dot 3...or whatever it was made with and then upgraded to dot 4..I do not think they were ever hydraulic oil..but it is a forever annoyance to know what it was..

Thank you for the info Robin / Paulob1

I thought I had figured it out as I found ATM-10 is the same fluid listed for the hydraulic fluid tank, (according to the BRDM 2 manual) hence I thought it would be hydraulic fluid!

Now I am confused.................

dont be confused, no one seems to have the right answer for this. I would only use dot 4 if i had replaced all the fluid in the system first...this seems to work if you have a hydraulic russian system for the brakes. However if your fug manual says hydraulic oil what type of hydraulic oil does it mean is the question i suppose...I though the fug and the BRDM were initially using Castor oil.. however every vehicle we have had has had brake issues due to not knowing which oil to use...

I will check my manuals for ATM-!0

dont be confused, no one seems to have the right answer for this. I would only use dot 4 if i had replaced all the fluid in the system first...this seems to work if you have a hydraulic russian system for the brakes. However if your fug manual says hydraulic oil what type of hydraulic oil does it mean is the question i suppose...I though the fug and the BRDM were initially using Castor oil.. however every vehicle we have had has had brake issues due to not knowing which oil to use...

I will check my manuals for ATM-!0

I have carried out some research on this and the ATM-10 seems to be an earlier version of OM15 as used in the Chieftain brake system...............

I think the old soviet block kit is quite resilient to different fluids. I remember my old motorbike (an MZ) had different instructions for east and west Germany.

According to the translator, for the gearbox:

West Germany, use a good quality EP90 semi synthetic oil.

East Germany, use "some oil".