Whithams tender sale - Mobile lube units

ArtistsRifles

Looking through the latest Whitahams tender list I see there are a couple of mobile lubrication units up for grabs - guide price of £1750.

Anyone familiar with this type of unit and is £1750 a reasonable price???

1987 Tecalamet Vehicle Lubrication & Servicing Unit c/w Lister Compressor Oil Tanks etc.

width=500 height=375http://www.witham-sv.com/Lot-picture/lot374.jpg[/img]

I was wondering if it would be suitable for the Stalwart and the other vehicles stored down at the Fort???

Anyone familiar with this type of unit and is £1750 a reasonable price???

I was wondering if it would be suitable for the Stalwart and the other vehicles stored down at the Fort???

Neil,

We had those units and earlier models, come throuth the Workshops for repairs. Good bit of kit, but don't know if you could justify that sort of price for hobby use, even if you split the cost several ways. You then have to fill the oil tanks as well!

Neil, I've got a manual hi/lo pressure oil lubricator.. JT's got it at the moment filling his hubs etc.. your welcome to use it when he's finished with it.. supply ya own oil though, holds about 3 gallons :-D

Thanks Lee!!

What prompted me looking was having a nose though the operating manual at the airport yesterday - it was talking about some of the hard to reach items like the oiling of the prop bosses up inside the dowty tunnels. Apparently they need to be force fed oil to ensure a proper job.

If you do decide to bid dont take any notice of guide price, take a chance and bid very low. If you have followed the tenders since they began you will see that most things don't get anywhere near guide prices !

If you do decide to bid dont take any notice of guide price, take a chance and bid very low. If you have followed the tenders since they began you will see that most things don't get anywhere near guide prices !

So you mean it might be worth putting in a really silly bid on this ?

http://www.witham-sv.com/tender/lots_detail.php?ID=1

:whistle: Richard