Insurance renewal

ArtistsRifles

Got my insurance renewal through today - policy expires on 21/5 - letter was posted on7/5, today is the 11/5 - it's taken 4 days to get here!!

Having opened it up I got the shock of my life - what cost me £90 last year + £40 for the landrover earlier this year (so I was expecting a bill of around £130) has soared up to £224 :schocked: :schocked: :schocked:

What on earth has made policies rise so high this year????

Bet it those joker's.. Roadsure :whistle: give Footman James a ring they were 40% cheaper than the ridiculous quote Roadsure gave me this year.. even spoke to the top man at Roadsure & was told there was nothing they could do with the price hikes...

Blimey Neil - had mine through this week and has stayed the same even though I increased the value of the GMC

Hmmm.. wonder why they kept yours the same Jack when they are putting up everyone else's :whistle:

Hmmm.. wonder why they kept yours the same Jack when they are putting up everyone else's :whistle:

Not sure why Lee but it certainly wouldn't be what you are thinking.

......maybe its a PW thing ;-)

Didn't want to name names to spare Jack any embarassment with his advertisers - but those are the people named by Lee.

Going to make some phone calls Monday and see what I can get. Then ring R.S up and tell them.

I don't mind paying a reasonable premium - or a reasonable price rise, they are in business after all - but to the best of my knowledge there's been no rush of claims on MV policies in the last 12 months so I can see no reason for virtually doubling the premium!! :-( >:(

Well this might be of a bit of a shock but i rember when my mum got her renewal from the company she had been with for about five years and they had only put on a bloody renewal price which was about £70 it was the first time they had done it to her so she phoned them up and asked if they could match a better price she had and they did that no problem all the best.

kyle

Bear in mind that I paid £90 last year for the Stalwart, £40 this year for the landie to be added and £120 last year for the breakdown cover.

Now this is the 2007 breakdown:

Landrover valued @ £900

Stalwart valued @ £6000

Premium to Insurance Company (KGM): £151.56 = +£21.56

Insurance Premium Tax: £5.56

Legal Expenses Cover: £20.00

Lost Key Cover: £15.00

Administration Fee: £30.00

Military Breakdown: £125.00 = +£5.00

Total Fee: £349.14

Hmmm - broken down like that it doesn't look so bad........

Seeing that figure of £349.14 had me hitting the angry button though.....

Neil, not really fair to add the breakdown cover as that is a seperate thing altogether. I don't bother with lost key cover as three of the vehicles don't have locks!

But in this day & age, I feel legal expenses very worthwhile. My wife had a RTA in her car last year. There was no insurance claim that could have been successful so the insurance companies backed off. BUT she had nasty & frightening letters from solicitors who were going to pursue her in a civil action. Fortunately she had legal cover & her solicitors responded & it all stopped.

I have now insured my cipher trailer not just for the value if it is stolen or damaged, but for the public liability cover for its presence at shows & legal expenses cover to try to avoid any insurance shortfall in liability "try ons".