information plates on the veh ??

tech II

I was wondering how to tell when or who manufactured the SARACEN that I have,By some of the pictures that I have seen and info I have read I belive it is a mk5 uparmored??. I'm in the process of trying to get some pic's posted.

the information plate on mine is on the left side sitting in the drivers seat slightly behind.it should tell when it was last in workshops,all were built by alvis and should have the mil reg on.if you get in touch with bovvy they should have the service records which you can get a copy of for a fee.

• 2 weeks later...

The info that I've received from the Capitan is, ser # 35 g 22 20314 ??? there is no tag on the veh to support this that I have found, the only tags I can find are on some of the parts, the engine tag is b80 no1 mk6a, 10185, although the paper work that came with the veh from lionheart veh comp. reads engine # 10692 ???, I'm not to familiar with how this was purchased. Since I'm new to your site, what is bovvy??. Thanks Denver.

Denver,

Post a photo of your vehicle and hopefully I will be able to ID it for you. To obtain records from the Tank Museum you will need the military registration number. This is made up from 2 numbers, 2 letters and 2 more numbers e.g. 01 BB 10. Engine numbers can usually be ignored on these vehicles as engines were changed whenever the vehicle was rebuilt. For some vehicles engine changes were much more regular than that!

Chris