Weaponology

Jim Clark

Just to let you all know theres a program called" Weaponology" on ,Discovery Civilisation channel, Sky channel 522 and Virgin TV 217. Its on daily at 06-00 ,12-00, 18-00 and 22-00there are 13 episodes covering various topics of warfare. Episode 13 is about tanks and we were fortunate to play a small part in it with my Sherman, Halftrack and Jeep. I hope you all enjoy.

Jim" ALLIED FORCES" Clark

Oooh Jack your eyes went all beady & small then :whistle:

.....not sure what all of the fuss is about - who the hell would want to be on Discovery driving a old tank? :computerterror2:

.....not sure what all of the fuss is about - who the hell would want to be on Discovery driving a old tank? :computerterror2:

Yeah - it'd be much more fun to be on there driving a Stalwart - or if you are still stuck in the dark side, a slightly used GMC with pink cushions......

(now ducking fast!!!!)

a slightly used GMC with pink cushions......

(now ducking fast!!!!)

See, now loolk what you have gone and done, you just had to mention it :computerterror: anyway I heard that Jim has some pink cushions in his Sherman...... :angel:

See, the trend is spreading!

Hi Shane, basicly the film crew came with some actors to play the parts of American and German troops, they also brought a pyrotecnics bloke with gas fireing weapons and explosives. After looking around the farm for places to film the pyro man set up his charges in a gateway so they could simulate an attack on the Sherman. They did the same sort of thing with the Halftrack and Jeep, takeing and re-takeing shots of the same scene.It was a lot of fannying around but a good laugh. I have seen the end result and its very good.Jim

Jim, I sympathise with you over the filming. I did some work as a rider for Sharmer's history of Britain series many years ago. We spent all day doing the most incredible actions scenes for the Battle of Hastings, charging along at full gallop and launching javalins at the English battle line, but when the show was aired it was all so strangely shot, jumbled up and badly editted it wasn't worth watching.

• 3 weeks later...