Reply from my MP.

Jack

Hello

I was also shocked when I first read about the proposed Bill and it's implications to Military Vehicle owners.

I own a Daimler Ferret, AEC Militant Gun Tractor , ZIL 131 and a 155mm FH70 Howitzer. As I take these to shows, along with repilca guns I was worried that if the Bill becomes law I would not be able to do this.

So I contacted the Home Office via email to ask if the Bill would affect me.

They replied the following day with;

Dear Mr Grosvenor,

Thank you for your message of 16 July about the Violent Crime Reduction Bill.

The Bill looks to ban the importation, sale and manufacture of realistic imitations; it does not ban their possession and use. You would be free to display your vehicle and your howitzer as before.

Keith Bottomley

Firearms Section, POPCU

If any one is worried if the Bill would affect them you can contact the Home Office at <public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

The more people who ask questions the louder the Military Vehicle owners voices will be.

Nice to see a forum like this. Good work Jack.

Regards

Richard Grosvenor

Blimey, heres another letter from my local MP and a reply from Hazel Blears as well. My local Tory MP seems to being his job and I am heartened by the reply from Hazel Blears, it looks like consession could be made.

BobWalter2026.jpg

BobWalterreplyBlears027.jpg

Dear Mr Grosvenor,.......

The Bill looks to ban the importation, sale and manufacture of realistic imitations; it does not ban their possession and use. You would be free to display your vehicle and your howitzer as before.

Keith Bottomley

Firearms Section, POPCU

So Richard, you'll NEVER be able to sell it on. It will be yours for ever, with effectively.... NO value. You'll not even be able to sell it for scrap.

KAROSHI

" So you can't sell it!

But you could give it to someone and charge for delivery!!! "

Afraid not. The precise wording is likely to include words such as give and lend, in similar fashion to the 'truncheon and baton' legislation passed out of the blue last summer.

The bill has now pretty much made its way through the committee stage, to allow MPs to have their ten-week holiday before it is presented for a final reading around the fourth week in October to be rubber stamped under a 3-line Parliamentary Whip.

Bob