XXX Corp event September

Hi folks,

I'm booked on the XXX Corp event and just wondering who else is departing from Hull on the Thursday evening?

I'm travelling from Leeds and it makes sense to me that any vehicle owners living nearby get in touch with each other and arrange to travel in convoy, so we can support each other on the journey.

I've spoken to a couple of people this weekend at the Yorkshire Wartime Experience who think it's a good idea so if there is anyone else out there who wants to join the convoy drop me a line.

Cheers,

Mark

Are you aware that a revised Ferry Schedule is now circulating that offers a Friday sailing option? For some, this will be useful as it means one less day off work. There are still the same two return days of the Sunday and Monday night sailings. Looking at what I have seen of the proposed schedule of events, the Monday sailing seems a better option if time is not an issue. Going by what will be taking place on the Sunday.

They're going to let me know who much. I'm presuming that this only applies to Hull as sailings from other ports are from the Friday. That'll teach me to live in Yorkshire!!

I'm in the fortunate position that I can travel on the thursday if we need to. Means taking an extra days leave but on the plus side I get another day on holiday!!

• 4 weeks later...

For those MV owners who might not have heard there has been a‘parting of ways’ in the admin of this event. This info is freely posted on the event Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Project70

As a participant, I understand that all contact data for participants may not have yet reached the new admin team.

It may be that MV owners from on here may have paid money to the ‘original’ event, (The General Agency Co. Ltd.) but the ‘new’ admin are not aware of this. The new team have issued emails to all those they know.

If you have not heard from the new team I would recommend contact at project70hq@aol.com with utmost urgency. I.e. today.

I understand the current admin team also wish to make it very clear there is now no connection between them and Martin Wright and the General Agency Co.Ltd.

I’m told a small number of participants have withdrawn due to this situation, so it is the case that there are places for men and vehicles on the tour, however there is no suggestion of the tour being cancelled and the Royal Dutch Army are still backing it 100% and it is back on course forfulfilling the original concept. If you have not indicated interest but think this British centred event may be for you then you need to contact the team at project70hq@aol.com this week.

New website for the event

http://www.historicaltours.eu/

including confirmation statement from the Dutch Army.

Edited by No Signals